Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just wanting to know where with in the clutch assy. lubrication should be applied?

·
Ingersoll Dealer
1,344 Posts
My opinion only as others will follow with their experience. The problem with lubrication is that it attracts and holds dirt which impedes the free movement of the bearings on the shaft. I do use a very light coating of lithium grease, I've tried anti-seize in the past and it seems to become quite dry and sticky with time hindering the free movement of the bearings. Sometimes think that no lubricant may be the best solution.

Bob

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NONE. Lubrication risks contaminating the friction disc.

The bearing must slide freely on the hub, so we recommend a VERY thin coat of anti-sieze during assembly, but nothing more.

Other opinions will follow and are welcome of course.

Brian
Thank you for your reply! Was wondering besides a little dab of grease on the fork tips was there something thing out there that wouldn't be a dirt magnet, provide some lubrication on the shaft while also impede any corrosion on the shaft?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thank you for your reply! Was wondering besides a little dab of grease on the fork tips was there something thing out there that wouldn't be a dirt magnet, provide some lubrication on the shaft while also impede any corrosion on the shaft?
Spray silicone

·
Premium Member
2,784 Posts
I don't know about corrosion protection. But I have used some silicone spray with good results. I spray the parts before assembly and let dry, then assemble. It leaves a thin white and slippery residue. I had tried spray graphite, but that goes down thicker and needed to be polished down some. The silicone spray works well on sticky padlocks too ;)

Cheer's
Gordy

·
Registered
65 Posts
T9 Boesheild is awesome stuff. Developed by Boeing. It goes on like WD-40, but leaves a residue for corrosion protection. I am not sure how much dirt it would attract.

·
Premium Member
2,784 Posts
I don't know about corrosion protection. But I have used some silicone spray with good results. I spray the parts before assembly and let dry, then assemble. It leaves a thin white and slippery residue. I had tried spray graphite, but that goes down thicker and needed to be polished down some. The silicone spray works well on sticky padlocks too ;)

Cheer's
Gordy
SORRY brain fart :oops: What I was thinking of is a "Blaster" product called TDL (The Dry Lube). It leaves the slippery white residue, and not silicon it is PTFE.

Cheers,
Gordy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts