Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In regard's to the 448 I'm looking at that has no spark I'm trying to get an idea what I might have into it fixing this problem. I don't know what coil I should be looking for on this Onan motor.
I went to the Onan web site and I have to say some of those coil's are expensive are there any aftermarket coil's that can be used that might be cheaper?Thank's.

Mark

I just had this grand idea I think I should have put this in the Onan section,So if a moderator would like to move it for me it would be appreciated, thank's.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
It's OK where it is because you questions still relate to the purchase of a tractor and are not specific to a known engine problem.

Onan coils are expensive because they are two coils in one. Both coils fire simultaneously and deliver high voltage to the spark plugs on every revolution. You can expect to pay around $80.00 for an OEM coil if they have not gone up in price recently. Kirk engines sell a replacement. http://www.kirkengines.com/

No spark could be anything

- blown fuse

- bad fuse holder

- corrosion somewhere

- burnt/broken wire

- bad coil

- bad points

- sticking push rod

- bad condenser

- bad ignition switch

- bad plugs or plug wires

Totally improper diagnosis by the Seller

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank's Hydriv and mjodrey for the help. I didn't know which coil to look for because I don't know what model # the 448 Onan is but I did see one coil for $199. I called the guy again in Indiana and got him to knock another $100 ******'s off the price, It's starting to look more attractive going on this 800 mile road trip. I'm going to try for another $50 off the price to donate to the gas cause, he seems like a nice guy.

Mark

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
First things first.

Kirk's site must be viewed using Billy Gate's POS Internet Explorer or you will not see the pricing and other info. Dave (Kirk) is going to fix that problem soon.

It would be best to send Dave an e-mail by going to his site and clicking on Contact Us. That way, you can get the information direct from the man that developed these ignitions.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes I am Mr. Snot I also have Opera which is what I had to use to join on some forum's. what it does is any user name or password I come up with it keeps telling me that I can't use them.
I've had administrators help me before so I could join using AOL.

Mark

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Snotrocket said:
Take your old wires into an auto parts store and you'l be able to find a set.

Will save you a little $$$. :thumbsup:
Go to your local computer store and get one of their computer geek's to hook you up wireless on your spark plug wires. Then you could ask your friends to try and find your plug wires and when they get pokeing around they find that although they can't find your wires that darn juice is still there :sidelaugh: :thumbup:

Mark

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.