Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I just picked up this early model 644.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

My plan is to do a complete restoration over this winter. It was previously painted with a brush and roller with non stock colours. I don't mind the colour scheme but will likely spray her with stock colours again. I'm thrilled to see so many are willing to share so much information on this forum. I have learned so much already.Thank you all for that!

·
Administrator
1973 Case 444, 1974 Case 644, 1976 Case 446, 1977 Case 646
2,608 Posts
Roger welcome to the CCI forum. It looks like you made a great purchase on your 644 and I look forward to following your project.
Keep the Peace ✌
Harry

·
Administrator
8,360 Posts
Roger
Nice tractor, The Case Loader is a back saver
You'll find a lot of jobs that will be way more fun to do with your new loader
PLEASE enjoy your time here and thanks for saving a piece of Case history

bigman

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the support guys. There sure are a lot of nice old tractors on this site. You’re right Dundee, my shop is pretty new. I just built it this year

I’m just trying to get my head around what I am getting myself into. I’ve priced out what this might cost and it’s not as spendy as I was thinking. (yeah right!) So many parts are still available.

My big challenge today is to get the colours right. Power Red and Federal Yellow is what I’m reading. I see some colour chips online so I suppose I will match up something using the colours from the screen. Not too exact for sure but I don’t suppose there is a Case colour enforcement department out there. I would like to get it right though. Painting is what I do by the way. Not exactly this kind but I have a wood finishing shop here in Vancouver, Canada. If anyone has the correct formulas using Hulls 844 colourants it sure would be nice to get my hands on that!

One more project for her in my yard then the dismantling begins!!!

·
Administrator
4,394 Posts
Just go to your friendly neighborhood Case IH or New Holland dealer and get the real stuff. They might have to order it but you can usually have it in a couple of days or so. Good tough paint that covers well with a real nice shine especially if you use the hardener.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hello all. I just picked up this early model 644.
View attachment 126843
My plan is to do a complete restoration over this winter. It was previously painted with a brush and roller with non stock colours. I don't mind the colour scheme but will likely spray her with stock colours again. I'm thrilled to see so many are willing to share so much information on this forum. I have learned so much already.Thank you all for that!
That is nice, someday I’ll get me one. I see you have the original muffler still on there. Any way you could send me some measurements and some better pics? These are no longer available new. I’d like like start making them available again for everyone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Interesting Scottlcy.
I was wondering how the muffler was going to work out. I wonder if I might just ship you my muffler to use as a template? If you pm me your address and what not I could figure shipping costs and stuff to make it happen?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts