Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
Bart said:
Rich,
I think it is time for one or two of those loaders to follow you home--one for LI and another for down south.
Bart: You are right my friend! I really do want to get one as soon as $$$ allows. Would prove real useful for a variety of duties. Especially lifting objects, not just necessarily dirt work.
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Registered
352 Posts
This seller is a really nice guy. I just purchased an LT-17 hydraulic PTO from him for my 646. He would much rather deal in person than on ebay. He is very fair and negotiable with his prices too. He has a bunch of misc. parts available, a 644 parts machine and the 646 in this ad. I bet that a phone call and a visit from someone local could get some great deals.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
UP FOR SALE IS A CASE 646 TRACTOR WITH LOADER. IT RUNS AND OPERATES GOOD. IT HAS NEW PAINT AND NEW DECALS, AND NEW STEERING WHEEL. THE SEAT IS IN GREAT SHAPE ALSO. IT IS POWERED WITH A TWIN CYLINDER ONAN ENGINE. MY NUMBER IS 516-662-2423 IF YOU NEED ANY MORE INFORMATION. ( THIS IS A CASH AT PICK UP ONLY, AUCTION ). NO PAYPAL. I WILL ACCEPT A REASONABLE OFFER. THESE TRACTORS ARE NOT CHEAP IN GOOD CONDITION. I HAVE A CASE 644 WITH LOADER THAT NEEDS WORK IN ONE OF MY OTHER AUCTIONS IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A CHEAP ONE.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
InTroubleAlltheTime said:
Also look at "other items", he also has another loader "buy it now" (without engine) for $975.
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich
UP FOR SALE IS A CASE 644 GARDEN TRACTOR WITH LOADER, ROLLING CHASSIS. I HAVE MANY PARTS THAT I WOULD SELL TO THE BUYER AT A ADDITIONAL COST THAT WOULD HELP COMPLETE THIS PROJECT TRACTOR. I HAVE OTHER CASE TRACTORS AND PARTS THAT I WILL BE SELLING SOON. I JUST DON'T HAVE TIME TO COMPLETE THIS TRACTOR. I ALSO HAVE A CASE 646 IN GOOD CONDITION THAT I WILL BE LISTING NEXT WEEK. MY NUMBER IS 516-662-2423 IF YOU NEED ANY MORE INFORMATION. ( THIS IS A CASH AT PICK UP ONLY AUCTION ). NO PAYPAL. I WILL ACCEPT A REASONABLE OFFER.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Oh dear...........

Neither of these offerings would interest moi.

In my opinion, the 646 has been subjected to a lot of work since it was new and I'm talking about HOURS put on the tractor. The paint job is disgusting and was done for one purpose only........to disguise what the tractor really looked like. As noted, the original 15" rims are now gone because the owner is too cheap to put replace the worn out ags. It was more expedient to stick a pair of turf tires from a 400 onto it so that the tractor would appear to not need new rubber. WRONG. For loader work in off-road conditions, the Ags are a necessity. This guy was too lazy to mask off hydraulic lines, the Onan engine and other items that should not be painted. He couldn't be bothered to paint the back side of the rear rims. This is an example of putting lipstick on a pig at it's worth. If I was in the market for a 600, I would far sooner have an untouched example over something that has been screwed with like this one has been. I'd pay this guy $1500.00 perhaps but only after I took a really hard look at everything else on this tractor because when someone does what he did, that's just an indicator to wonder what other short cuts were taken and what else he is trying to hide.

As for the 644..... that one disgusts me as well. It's similar to saying. "Hey, I have this Shelby Cobra that I was going to restore but have now lost interest in. Here is the body and frame I'm selling for $50,000.00 but I'm happy to work with the Buyer and sell him stuff like the engine, transmission, radiator, windshield, bumpers, driveshaft, seats, dashboard etc to help him complete it." Wow......what a nice guy. Wow... what a deal. Gimmeee a break. Whatever you have around that BELONGS to the 644, put it ALL in milk crates and sell it with the tractor. Other than that, stick the tractor where the sun don't shine.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a different take than Tom. It seems clear to me that this guy would prefer to do a deal off ebay and conveniently provided his phone number so you can discuss the tractor and his price with him. If he were in my area I would definitely take the time to go look and it and talk with him. JSB indicated he had good experience with the guy and so it seems he's not a rip off artist. A lot of people would be happy with a good running loader and the fact that he made the effort to spruce it up is a plus unless you want a trailer queen. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to hear from someone that they drove by and came home with BOTH tractors and the extra parts for $2,000.

That's why I suggested in another post that JSB spend an afternoon running down to cut a deal with the seller and then Rich could bring the JSB's hydrabagger up from Maryland and they would both go home happy campers. And when the story gets posted on tractor cupid Tom will be kicking himself in the butt.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Bart said:
And when the story gets posted on tractor cupid Tom will be kicking himself in the butt.
I truly look forward to that happening.

Puhleeeeeeeze. Someone go and look at those loaders and talk to this guy in person. I don't care if you prove me wrong.... just make the effort to do so.

All I'm going by is the photos and wording provided by the Seller. Photos often lie like a rug. To me....it's not about being a trailer queen. It's about guys who spray everything in sight. Do your remember the 400 Series tractor that got soaked with aluminum paint everywhere under the hood earlier this year? Engine, hoses, wiring... you name it and was silver including the rust, dirt and grease. While this one is not quite as bad, it sure ain't good.

I make no judgments about the Seller other than my remarks about his laziness and being cheap. Bart and I are FRUGAL.... that's not the same as CHEAP. :sidelaugh: :trink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.