Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to install a rear PTO in my 646. I've read quite a few posts, most from the archives. But, to me, something does not seems right. I do not want to miss something. I gather you hook up the hose from the main pump directly to the "IN" on the rear PTO. Then hook up the 'out' directly to the TVC where the main pump motor hose used to be hooked up. Wouldn't this interrupt the amount of flow going to the drive motor? I have a Tiller (with quick attachment) and rear PTO (without quick attachments fitting). I attached a pick of the PTO cuz there is not data plate. I have successfully modified a 3 PT hitch from a 446 to fit on the back. But that was easy hydraulic wise.... LOL The welding was the hard part on the frame IOT keep frame integrity. Any words of wisdom would be helpful. Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Gas
Asphalt Vehicle Motor vehicle Gas Bumper
Wood Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Gas Metal Auto part

·
msy6280
146 Posts
The routing you described is correct. You can also go to the service manuals on this site. Find "How it works" in the hydraulic section and it will show a diagram for your tractor's hydraulic system. Also, when you put the quick attach fittings on the PTO, remember to set it up so you can make a loop with the hose when the tiller is not attached so you don't cause a "dead head" situation if you accidentally engage the PTO.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have any knowledge of the 'size' of the fittings. I assume 1/2 inch hose is what I should be using but what size fittings? I am not very hydraulically inclined.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.