Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I recently bought a hydra bagger that has the third line for the case drain. My 446 (sn:14113068) is not set up to take this. Is it possible to install a T-fitting directly from the "out" port of the tcv before the steel hose that runs to the oil cooler. Will this cause clearance issues between the bends in the steel pipe and the tractor due to the pipe begin moved an inch or so forward? the image below shows where I would install the T-fitting Not sure how much clearance I will have. If this won't work, do you have any suggestions for this install?

thanks

· Banned
12,618 Posts
You can install the case drain Tee fitting anywhere in the steel line that connects the OUT port of the Travel/Lift valve and the IN of the oil cooler. It is not critical. You need to obtain a suitable fitting from your local hydraulics shop and then check out your tractor for the best spot to cut the line and take a short piece out so that the Tee can be installed. Different year of tractor can sometimes mean a different way of plumbing it. The Tee can be soldered in, silver-soldered in, brazed in place or compression fittings can be used as well as proper hose and clamps. If you are talented in the workshop, then you can use a hole saw to cut the opening and then TIG weld a short pipe over that hole.

· Registered
1,129 Posts
Your tractor should have the valve with the built in hold valve. I'm not sure if they all have it but check to see if there is a plug on the side by the outlet. It will be labled PB though it is not a power beyond. If you have this, you can pull the plug and return your case drain there. On power steering models this was used as the PS return. Good luck, Gregg

· Registered
2,348 Posts
99flhr said:
^ Why ?

( by the way, welcome back :wave:.)
Thanks 99

I don't like the look, Hydraulic shops don't carry them and even though it's on low pressure and will likely be safe, I prefer the Hydraulic T and fittings. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

And since I'm pickin on Wurks Tractor I will also say that I recommend Return hose for low pressure. Not high pressure as shown.

In case you are wondering Why, then it's because the hose clamps will not tighten the Braided hose as well.. At Minus 40 I would think that these fittings will start to leak.

As most of you are aware that I've been Wrong before :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

Stewart :drinkbuddies:

· Registered
247 Posts
Stewart said:
99flhr said:
^ Why ?

Thanks 99

And since I'm pickin on Wurks Tractor I will also say that I recommend Return hose for low pressure. Not high pressure as shown.
That hose has since been replaced. It can't be tightened up enough, it is one tough hose. The hose blew off a couple of times, due to the pump being bad, both pump and hose have been replaced.

· Registered
2,348 Posts
wurkenman said:
Stewart said:
99flhr said:
^ Why ?

Thanks 99

That hose has since been replaced. It can't be tightened up enough, it is one tough hose. The hose blew off a couple of times, due to the pump being bad, both pump and hose have been replaced.
That's good to hear. I had a short piece of that hose in my return line, it never blew off but would always start to leak in cold temps. Glad to hear it's running fine these days. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :trink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.