Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
welcome I put one of Jim,s vanguard engines in my 446 didn't raise the hood,you can't get a piece of paper between air claener and hood . It was trial and error,ended with engine raised about 1 inch to provide clearence for the pump. I had a good time ,made the exhaust pipes from 11/4 emt 90 bends and pepper box mufflers.runs good I remember having trouble with throtle cable because it's used to push a kind of rinkey dink controller

·
Registered
187 Posts
Sorry don't have a camera I forgot to mention in previous post about the pump mount.. If you buy a kit,a mount is supplied(one that you have to raise the hood) it's the easy way.To get hood clearence I modified the onan mount to fit the 7/16 holes in the briggs and shortened it,cut off the crankshaft,to get the necessary room.the control shafts get wider apart as they go up the tower,so the motor with pump needs to be raised to fit between the control shafts ,very close to the steering shaft.a lot of work just to keep the hood down

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.