Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not quite sure if this is the forum to put this in.. However awhile ago I picked up a 195 Case. Got it running and decided it was something we should keep.

The previous owner decided that it was taking up space in his shed so he stored it outside. This created a problem for me.... Every time I sat on the cracked and torn old seat my butt got wet !!

Well enough of this so out came the tools and off came the seat,,

After a bit of looking I decided that as long as the seat was off I might as well fix the brakes... So off with the wheels and soon the brakes are sitting on the bench,,,

Hmm,, The thought occurred to me that only a few more bolts and the top of the transmission is off and it would be a good time to change the Hy-drive oil.

Well at this point my thinking took a left turn, It seems that half of the work involved in Painting is tearing things apart. Soooo...... At this point the seat is recovered but it looks like it will be awhile before it goes back on..

Does anybody else fall into these little traps like I just did ??

·
Registered
717 Posts
Arti, I'm right there with ya! Have 4 Case tractors to date. Have work to do on a 150. Won't start that till I get the hood painted on my 72 - 222. Didn't want to start that until the engine was back in my 76 - 446. In the meantime, I picked up an 83 - 210 which needs the most work! One thing leads to another! Lots to do! Good luck with yours.
Regards,
Nolan

·
Registered
994 Posts
I took my fenders off my 195 to fix a dent and ended up taking the cover off, good thing too because all the roll pins in the differential were broke off. A couple new seals, new quad rings in the travel valve and were back in business leak free! Im not going to paint mine though so I wont feel bad scratching it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.