Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am working on a "family owned" 1975 Case 646 LBH with a replaced CCKA engine. I believe this engine came from a generator or welder because it has a couple of things that are not normally found on the tractor engines. It has a mechanical fuel pump, the carburator has a fixed main jet (No "T" adjustment screw), and no oil filter. These are original to the engine, but obviously not the tractor. Of course, the engine ID tag is missing so I have no information to go by.

The good news is the engine runs very well. Recently, it was running a little choppy at full throttle and under load. While doing some routine maintenence to correct this, I noticed the spark plugs are very dark (dry). My question is, how can I adjust the fuel mixture with the fixed main jet? Do I keep replacing jets until I find one that burns properly? If so, where would I find those jets? It seems like a simple fix, but without that pain in the ass T adjustment screw, I am a little stuck. OR, am I looking in the wrong direction?

FYI, the fuel system is completely cleaned/overhauled including tank, filters, pump, carb and fuel lines. Heads are decarboned with new gaskets. Points are cleaned, sanded and gapped, with new plugs, wires and air filter.

Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The parts to convert the main to be adjustable showed up today. Thank you Boomer. :thumbup: I will try to get everything installed and adjusted this weekend. I am confident that I will be back with more questions.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The industrial CCK family used mech pump off camshaft just like genset verision did.......unless fuel was a LONG way off....only RV ones used elec pump. Buying T system from BOOMER wise idea......with tool, very easy to adjust it.
Bob M

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.