Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about buying a Onan out of a 646 to replace the blown motor in my 78 446 ,the 646 motor # is ccka-ms/3566j. Is there going to be any problems doing this like crankshaft size or pump mount won't bolt up should I try it or just keep looking? Thanks.

Mark

· Registered
2,125 Posts
oleblu72 said:
should I try it or just keep looking? Thanks.

Mark
Be easier to find a proper donor motor.
Drive over and I`ll sell you my B-43 short block for $40.
Was running fine when removed, but it did use a lot of oil. ( 2000hrs)
You could rebuild it or just plug it in to get by for awhile

· Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the invite 99 I've been thinkin about doing that. It would be a shame to let this E-bay motor get away for $59 nobody has bid on it yet. I think it would be cheaper to ship the motor then for me to drive up to Cleveland.

Mark

· Registered
2,125 Posts
oleblu72 said:
Thanks for the invite 99 I've been thinkin about doing that. It would be a shame to let this E-bay motor get away for $59 nobody has bid on it yet. I think it would be cheaper to ship the motor then for me to drive up to Cleveland.

Mark
If you`re referring to item 3370542706170 I wll politely disagree, that is an essentially bare block.
I`m offering you what`s called a SHORT BLOCK this includes: crank.rods,pistons,lifters, breather and gallery covers,valves,cam,governor, oil pump, both end plates all assembled and running when removed. You install your gaskets, cyl hds, pick up tube, oil pan, intake, exhaust (flanged with a bolt),stator,flywheel and tin. Zip 44720
If you are looking at a different auction, I apologise :thumbup:

EDIT: Seeing as we both live in OH, If you want a BARE block, drive over and I`ll give YOU one for free. We`ll trade lies. :lol:

· Onan Master, new and used parts.
1,514 Posts
mark
TRUST me.
as stated,you only want a cck family engine if you want a good boat anchor..
this engine will weigh 100# more than your B43M.
the pan will be to tall, to wide, exh. system will not work.
then i could add about ten ETC, ETC, that will not work.
BUT the old saying is Anything is possible.
thank you. boomer (the used onan engine parts guy)

· Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
99flhr said:
oleblu72 said:

Mark
If you`re referring to item 3370542706170 I wll politely disagree, that is an essentially bare block.
I`m offering you what`s called a SHORT BLOCK this includes: crank.rods,pistons,lifters, breather and gallery covers,valves,cam,governor, oil pump, both end plates all assembled and running when removed. You install your gaskets, cyl hds, pick up tube, oil pan, intake, exhaust (flanged with a bolt),stator,flywheel and tin. Zip 44720
If you are looking at a different auction, I apologise :thumbup:

EDIT: Seeing as we both live in OH, If you want a BARE block, drive over and I`ll give YOU one for free. We`ll trade lies. :lol:
No the one I was looking at was in Pittsburg it was a complete motor 99. And I have to warn you 99 I'm a truck driver we've been known to spin some pretty large yarn. :thumbsup:

Mark

· Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
boomers_influence said:
mark
TRUST me.
as stated,you only want a cck family engine if you want a good boat anchor..
this engine will weigh 100# more than your B43M.
the pan will be to tall, to wide, exh. system will not work.
then i could add about ten ETC, ETC, that will not work.
BUT the old saying is Anything is possible.
thank you. boomer (the used onan engine parts guy)
Thanks for your knowledge on this Boomer I'm glad I posted. I was just gonna buy it. After 99 posted about the crankshaft centerline( I'm still not sure what he meant) but I let it pass and I'm glad I did thanks you 2.

Mark

· Onan Master, new and used parts.
1,514 Posts
club
the second engine that i purchased when i started my parts business,
was from an owner that purchased the wrong onan engine.
he had a early 318 j.d. that was getting tired.
he went to an auction, and saw an onan twin cyl engine on the bill.
he purchased it . (i do not know for how much)
as it turned out it was a T 260.
the crank c/l was one inch to high,
the engine was three inches wider,
exhaust will not work.
BUT the REAL kicker,
it had a 13 spline internal spline crankshaft. (skid steer application, direct mount pump)
NOW, the rest of the story.
it was a BRAND new short block.
SMILE, boomer

· Registered
2,125 Posts
No the one I was looking at was in Pittsburg it was a complete motor 99. And I have to warn you 99 I'm a truck driver we've been known to spin some pretty large yarn. :thumbsup:

Mark[/quote]

Well ? did you buy that unit ? :wave:

· Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
99flhr said:

Mark
Well ? did you buy that unit ? :wave:[/quote]

No sir 99 you 2 guys scared the ever lovin crap out of me I let it go. I fingered I'd let someone else on the forum take a crack at it. :thumbsup:

Mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.