Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Site Founder
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've located a pump for my tractor but the input side of the pump is different from the one I currently have.

Is it possible to change the input side of the pump? Can I remove the one on mine and move it to the new one?

It looks like there's an o-ring that sits in a groove that holds it in but I'm not sure what tool to use to remove it without gouging the hell out of it. I yanked on it pretty good for 10 minutes or so but it didn't budge.

Thoughts? Tips?

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
Chuck: Maybe I don't understand correctly. Most pumps I believe are specific clockwise or counterclockwise rotation. Can the rotation be changed by switching the ports? That would switch pressure to return? I know the rotation on a Vickers V20 pump could be changed by opening the pump (I believe so called "gear", "vane" was flipped around) which I had done to "face" 350 Chevy with Pitts clutch. But that was a vane pump. I would be cautious until you get a solid answer. JMO. Try to contact manufacturer?
BTW I am having a hell of a time getting off my return line fitting on my old pump! :thumbdown:
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Site Founder
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sure.

Here are a few.

I soaked the end I want to remove on my old one today and I got it to spin but I still can't get a good enough grip to yank it out.

Steve sent me a PM with a few pointers in it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Chuck

Do you have a Pressure Gauge to test this when it goes in or are you gonna give it the field test ? :thumbsup:

I'd get the new one soaking in A&P real soon. :trink:

Hope the second one comes out easier.

·
Site Founder
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stewart said:
Chuck

Do you have a Pressure Gauge to test this when it goes in or are you gonna give it the field test ? :thumbsup:

I'd get the new one soaking in A&P real soon. :trink:

Hope the second one comes out easier.
I'm going to give it the "put it up against the big tree in my yard in high range and see if the relief valve squeels" test. :lol: :lol:

·
Tractor Whisper
3,703 Posts
I worked with Hydraulic's for 38 years one thing is positive you need set pressure on the new (or used pump) you bought tractor used so main relief could been set up to high cause old pump to fail more than not people take acorn nut off screw in set screw around are two this make pressure go so high pump after pump fail.

On other side your tractor old and spring settle to lower pressure setting in main relief pressure gauge only way set check system.

Most company's order new valve bank with preset main relief's sometime after building machine pressure never checked at plant. Doing good in serves Hydraulic system will pay off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.