Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Re: cherry yalley show in ill.

I took a bunch but won't be able to get them posted until my new computer arrives on Wed. My computer access is limited at the moment to shared time on my wife's computer and some of the photos are just too racy to risk leaving traces on her computer! :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

·
Registered
2,348 Posts

Bart said:
I took a bunch but won't be able to get them posted until my new computer arrives on Wed. My computer access is limited at the moment to shared time on my wife's computer and some of the photos are just too racy to risk leaving traces on her computer! :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:
Bump
:headscratcher: :headscratcher: :headscratcher:

Which Wed Cuz ? :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

·
Banned
12,618 Posts

Ease up, fellas. Bart just sprung for some big bucks to buy a new computer. However, he is undergoing some teething issues with his new baby. As soon as he gets the pacifier working, the photos will be posted. I am positive of that because Bart is a man of his word.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts

I see my fans cannot be denied any longer.

Here's the photo you've all been waiting for, the new Miss Case/Ingersoll. :trink: :trink: :trink: :trink: :trink:

As the winner she got to ride off with our own Grummy in his slick cab.

And the surprise mystery guest was none other than camera shy Mad Mackie with his red hat and kilt.

And, for any of you who might want to make snide comments about guys in skirts, I suggest you don't do it within earshot of any of these guys.

By the way that little ball they are tossing in the air weighs 55 lbs--they toss Case tractors around to warm up!

I think this is the best tractor show travel rig I've seen.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
That cab is work of art and Grummy should be proud of what he turned out. However, I just can't visualize the Grumster and the new Miss Case/Ingersoll managing a simultaneous ride in that cab but I think that Grummy would enjoy trying. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

That's the first drop-in Camper I have seen with a slide-out but then again, I lead a very sheltered life these days. :lol:

Mackie and I have the same problem. We both need to cut back on the Haggis.

Now.... don't keep us all in suspense Bart...... show us the photos depicting the presence of Eastman at the 2011 Cherry Valley show as promised by Dan back in January. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,546 Posts

Oh, I almost forgot--you want to see some tractor stuff.

Here's a nicely done "Orchard" tractor replica.

This year's show stopper was the self demounting loader designed and built by one of the owners. It looks like it came from the factory and works just as well.

I wish I had taken a video clip of the loader being removed/installed as it was so simple most people couldn't believe it. Disconnect the two snapfast pins, extend the lift cylinders and the whole unit rolls off forward.

And this is the box blade made by the same owner and mounted on the same tractor.

Dan Haas unveiled his latest project, a self power trailer that turns his articulated tractor into a six wheel drive unit.

The articulated tractor after a year of work and still looking like new.

The obligatory T90 in a perfect restoration.

And an OEM prototype of a successor to the T90

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Here's a well cared for Haban sickle mower.

Here is a trencher mounted on a 180 if I recall correctly. Note the front wheel weights. The separate engine used to drive the trencher is bigger than the tractor's engine.

A little Case dozer for those who like tracks.

A 4118 Diesel

Another OEM prototype dual pump model, 4525K.

Some Colts.

A narrow front modified tractor.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Even more sights around the show.

There were many more tractors, not all in pristine condition, and a pretty full complement of the newer models most people are familiar with so I haven't provided photos of those.

My opinion is that unless Steve Guider shows up with his collection you're not going to find a more comprehensive sampling of Case tractors.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Thanks Bart :thumbsup:

That guy that brought the orchard sure has a nice collection.

Dan's trailer sure looks cool, I see he had his 2 stage blower on the front of his Snoweater :thumbsup: Just think how much weight one could add to the trailer :trink:

Dillon and his dad did a super job on there Loader :clap: :clap:

Grummy's new ride with his Bride :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for the reminder of the Games :trink:

Looks like everyone were enjoying themselves.

Great pictures Cuz :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
And even more pictures :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :trink:

Nice to see some Colts :thumbsup:

I really enjoy those 180's &150 in True Colors .Flambeau Red :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That is such a great place for a gathering :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This is the first collection of Photos I've seen this year of Rockford. That makes you No 1 Cuz :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Great pics Bart. my favorite is the 4020PS with the loader. I'd love to see more info on this machine. I wonder how much money was put into that thing to get it to what it is today.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Unfortunately there were no Ingersoll representatives at the show--I know Dan was very disappointed in that as well as the fact that at least two dealers who were expected to come did not. One dealer did attend but I missed meeting him because he did not set up a tent or bring any equipment. I did hear afterwards that he enjoyed the show very much and would have presented a bigger presence but didn't believe they wanted vendors displaying at the show.

Roy Meglin was there from beginning to end and brought displays of his mower blades (Meg Mos). I had a lengthy and informative chat with him about his blades and mowing practices he uses in his commercial mowing business. I know a lot of other attendees enjoyed their conversations with Roy as well. One good idea that I picked up was to make a baffle for the discharge chute from expanded steel which helps keep the grass in the deck long enough to be finely chopped yet allows the airflow necessary to maintain lift.

The fellow who built the loader (Jeff? I have his name somewhere) is considering building loaders and other items for sale. If anyone really wants a loader on a 400 series then this would be an excellent attachment. Not only are the design and construction first rate but it can be quickly installed and removed by one person with no lifting and, if I recall correctly, you don't even need to remove the mower deck. He has a CNC plasma cutter that he used to cut all the loader parts very precisely and cleanly. We also ideas for other items he might build that would be of interest to many Case owners so stay tuned.

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
Stewart said:
Thanks Bart :thumbsup:

That guy that brought the orchard sure has a nice collection.

Dan's trailer sure looks cool, I see he had his 2 stage blower on the front of his Snoweater :thumbsup: Just think how much weight one could add to the trailer :trink:

Dillon and his dad did a super job on there Loader :clap: :clap:

Grummy's new ride with his Bride :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for the reminder of the Games :trink:

Looks like everyone were enjoying themselves.

Great pictures Cuz :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:+1: :goodpost:
Bart: Thanks for sharing those great pictures, I will be back a bunch more times just to keep looking.
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I erred in the name of the guy who built the loader, he is Steve Halfpap from Montello Wisconsin. He operates his side business under the name Midwest Steel Innovations and does custom fabrication using his CNC plasma cutter. For anyone looking to have some steel parts cut he should be a good resource. His email is: [email protected]

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
First off, I would like to thank my friend Bart Cameron for sharing those photos with this group. That is very much appreciated.

For most of you who have inhabited this board for any length of time, you may have concluded that I can be brutally honest in some of my replies. This..............will be no exception. :sidelaugh:

Dan Haas is to be congratulated for his efforts to create an annual gathering of people that own Colt, Case and Ingersoll tractors. Exhibited at this show, once again, were some machines that you will likely not come across elsewhere. In particular, I am referring to the Experimental Ingersoll 4525K prototype and the Ingersoll 448 Utility Transport.

When it comes to near perfect workmanship, the 3427 Articulated built by Dan Haas along with his self-powered trailer are on a parallel with the Orchard tractor depicted and the self-detaching loader plus box blade built by Steve Halfpap ( a member of this forum) as well as the cab built by Grummy who is a Keystone Member of this forum. It pleases me to see two Colts making it to the show this time as I am unaware of even a single Colt making an appearance in 2010. With luck, more will turn up at next year's event.

The restoration work on the Colt Deluxe looks very good. I hope that the same thing happens to the Super H. The trencher appears to be the one owned by Herm Krueger and for the record, those were mounted on the 190 models, not the 180. The CK55 crawler based on a 155 tractor is a nice piece but I think that the exhaust system detracts from overall image. Based upon the photos taken by Bart, the predominant colour scheme at the show seems to be Desert Sunset and one of the Reds. To me, this is how it should be. Most of the Sunset tractors have earned their permanent retirement and this is how they should be treated from here-on in.

And now we get to the brutal part...........

There is this word in the English language known as "restoration" and like many words we use, people can interpret them differently. To me, the word restoration means that you return an item to the way it was when it was originally manufactured. It's a black or white issue for me. So when I see some of the tractors that came to this show, I have to wonder if I have been relying on the wrong definition of the word restore. The owner of the 195 did a fantastic job restoring the Haban sickle bar mower but how can someone be so meticulous on an attachment and then fail to demount your tires when painting the rims? I mean.....c'mon... overspray on your tires is a pretty simple thing to avoid.

If you go to purchase an engagement ring, then it will likely have at least one diamond in it. Anyone who has gone through that agonizing ritual knows that diamonds are judged (graded) by the size and number of flaws they contain and that is one of the things that affects value. You pay a higher price for a diamond that contains no flaws and when I look at restoration work carried out by others, I look the end result the same way. To my way of thinking, it is not all that hard to figure out how the factory put a tractor together and then duplicate it. You are not required to design or engineer anything. Essentially you are nothing more than a copycat. Someone once said "It's all in the small details" and I certainly ascribe to that notion.

There are things that you just should not do such as

- painting your tractor the WRONG colour

- painting certain parts the WRONG colour

- installing a seat that is totally incorrect

- painting over nuts and bolts that should be bright zinc finish

- installing nightmarish exhaust systems designed by the Mario Brothers

- putting exhaust stacks on a tractor that is supposed to be a true restoration

- improper application of decals

- using decals that are not correct

- failing to remove all the bends and dents from the sheet metal

- failing to properly prepare the metal so that rust pock-marking is eliminated

- showing up with trivial items such as knobs or steering wheel caps missing

- using clear seal beam lamps instead of the correct OEM style

- failing to properly remove the rust from perforated grille material

- OVERSPRAY...... anywhere

- failure to have key components re-plated

Am I too tough?

I don't think so but you are free to express you thoughts on this issue. As most of you know, I view this forum as a place of learning. If I don't come out and say that I think this or that are wrong, then I don't think that I'm doing my job. I also don't think that I'm doing the hobby or this membership any good either because we should all aspire to produce true restorations that cannot be faulted in any way. I don't know who the owners of those tractors are by name. Some of them may well be members of this site. If they are.......and they are unhappy with me holding up the mirror, then perhaps they need to examine the quality of their own workmanship in the true light of day. When you voluntarily put yourself on stage, then you can expect to be judged by those who are viewing you. That's the way of the world.

-

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
No matter what type of shows you attend, ( bike /car/tractor) the various pieces exhibited reflect the widely varying skillsets/ financial resources/ free time and interest/addiction level of the person doing the work. Your points are well made esp if there is judging involved, however I enjoy viewing all the machinery and meeting like minded people. I`ve never "restored" a tractor but have done some work on antique bikes. When I go to the meet I see units done to a higher standard than my own efforts, I also see some done to a lower level. Doesn`t detract from my enjoyment at all.
Most of the tractors pictured look better than your average "working" tractor and may be "a work in progress" or reflect the owners first effort. As to the custom/fab work required for one-off creations, it simply amazes me and causes me to consider taking all my tools to the scrap yard and take up knitting. :sidelaugh:

Any details on the factory prototypes and how they came into private hands ?

Thanks & JMO/YMMV etc etc

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.