Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Case 220 ,224 195 big wheel tractor (Marengo,Illinois)

Date: 2011-04-28, 6:37PM CDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

hi i have a Case 220,224 and 195 they are all in good and run they all hold air in tires they all have hi lo and normal they are great tractors the 220 and 224 have 40 inch decks and the 195 has a 44 inch deck these are very collectable they are in good condition for the age the 220,224 have hydraulic lift but 195 has manual lift and all of them have hydrostatic drive if intrested call 1-815-572-1388 thank you

·
Registered
650 Posts
Question about the white 220 (at least it looks like it's white from the picture since the tan fender in the background of the other one).

Did Case send any of the GT's out from the factory as white (power white I presume)? I ask because I didn't think they did yet I met a man a couple weeks ago in Missouri that claimed he had on and stated it came that color when it was new, including he stated it was very rare. I didn't dispute such with him but of all the chatter over what's rare I have read I would think that if there were such there would be more talk about them.

Not to be confused with the Spirit of 76 ones and this man I met had several (including a black knight demonstrator), he claimed he had over eleven Case GT's esp as his local city government official told he had to either get rid of them or build a fence so that they couldn't be seen from the road.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
When discussing Case GT’s, it is wise to never say never. :sidelaugh:

However, I have never seen a true Power White Case GT so my reply would be a firm no until someone can show me one that is Power White and has been since it left Winneconne.

What I have seen is one or two very, very light shaded Desert Sunset tractors that could be confused with white, I suppose. But it would be a stretch to do so. I spoke with another collector about that issue and he thought that it was likely due to an improperly mixed barrel of paint from a supplier. Who knows for sure?

Power White can be bought in rattle cans. Why not spray up a piece of tin and take it to this man’s residence for comparison to his tractor. I’m betting that you will see a dramatic difference between what you have and what he thinks is Power White.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.