Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to comment about my new acquisition. I recently picked up an Ingersoll chipper shredder on ebay. I have never seen one of these in action, but I figured it would work well. I had no idea how well! I am very impressed with this machine. As soon as I have a chance, I'll try and take a video of this in action.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Snotrocket said:
What kind of stuff are you sending through that bad boy? I'm curious how long the blade/blades last before needing to be sharpened as well.
I had a bunch of dead branches that the snow storm brought down a couple weeks ago.

The shredder blades are reversible so I'm going to open it up and turn them around, and check/sharpen the chipper blade at the same time.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I bet the hammers will last years. I thought the chipper blade on our old Simplicity unit was dull, but it only had wood stuck in it-and that poor thing ate tons of wood, and shredded not a few accidental stones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.