Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love that we have a separate classified section. Would it make sense to come up with a standard format to list the the great deals we find? For example:

Maine, Waterville: 7020LQA with Tiller, Grapple, Plow, and more...

This way a quick scan of the posts will let people know what is near them, instead of having to click each link only to find that I have to travel to frome Maine to California to check out a 446.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
:goodpost:
Even just the state without the city would be great. I open some of the CL ones only to find the name of a town I don't know and have no idea where it is. A few times there was a phone number and I got the location based on the area code.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
While I like your idea I think that it will end up getting out of control and this is why. Another member is going to suggest that we break down the classifieds into Make and Color. Then another member is going to want a sub category for just ebay and CL ads. All this does is makes the site harder to navigate through. All I can suggest is that the member who creates the thread put the location directly in the subject line so we can all read the location right after we read the info in the subject line.

Edit, maybe I misunderstood your post. I just went back and reread it and from what I gather, you want the members who put the post up to also put th elocation directly into the subject line correct?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.