Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find myself clicking the Banner a lot...to try to get home.
But it brings me to the forum index.
Wouldnt it make more sense for the banner to link to the home page?
imho, The History and other cool stuff is "hidden" at the home page!
Normally, on 'other sites", the banner get's ya...HOME!

Sorry...just thinking with my keyboard!

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Re: Clicking Banner should get user to HOME PAGE shouldn't i

When will you realize..................... we are not like the "other sites."

That's why you are here. :sidelaugh:

There's a good reason why things are the way they are. The Home Page is 100 percent the creation of Ken. The forum itself is stand-alone and it runs on software produced by phpBB. Certain modifications are possible with the software but there are some things that you cannot get it to do for you. So...........are you suffering from some sort of wrist injury that is hampering you from clicking on the HOME PAGE link just under the banner?

BTW, I'm still looking for that thread you were supposed to start on MTF, telling them how wonderful this site is. What happened? :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

Lastly.............this thread properly belongs in the Help and Feedback forum since it has zero to do with tractors. I guess I better move it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

There's a good reason why things are the way they are. The Home Page is 100 percent the creation of Ken. The forum itself is stand-alone and it runs on software produced by phpBB. Certain modifications are possible with the software but there are some things that you cannot get it to do for you. So...........are you suffering from some sort of wrist injury that is hampering you from clicking on the HOME PAGE link just under the banner?
So what you are telling me is that FLIPPING the link address of the banner and home page are impossible?
You're not really expecting me to buy that are you? :sidelaugh:
And my wrist injury, regardless of being caused by Megan Fox is not keeping me from clicking HOME.
Actually, I was thinking of 1st time visitors and how much easier it would be for THEM to get to the home page if it were linked to the banner. As is, the BEAUTIFULLY DESIGNED and INFO PACKED pages that users can access only from the HOME page are basically hidden from your everyday surfer who stumbles across CCI ;)
What I am getting at here is that I was thinking of CCI promotion and ease of access.
***I*** know those pages inside out ;)

BTW, I'm still looking for that thread you were supposed to start on MTF, telling them how wonderful this site is. What happened? :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:
Is that a triple Dog Dare?

Lastly.............this thread properly belongs in the Help and Feedback forum since it has zero to do with tractors. I guess I better move it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I posted it HERE so it would get read by someone other than HyDriv!! :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

·
Site Founder
3,600 Posts

That's something that is pretty easy to fix. I'll look into it later. :thumbsup:

It's the way it is because when the site was first launched/conceived I made the front page and it wasn't nearly as nice as it is now.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I'm actually a web designer in my other life! (Well I USED TO BE anyway).

And ya... when the NEW content was added I was like... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! It's AWESOME to say the least.

This site kicks either way! THis thread is just a symptom of my OCD!!!! hahahaha

·
Banned
12,618 Posts

creekhed1 said:
So what you are telling me is that FLIPPING the link address of the banner and home page are impossible?

No, I'm not telling you that because I am not qualified to make such a statement. See below.

You're not really expecting me to buy that are you? :sidelaugh:

Nope. I was simply stating that the software package has limitations because I have asked for certain things to happen and was told that the software did not allow such a change. I'm just the "pretty face" on this forum. Chuck is the techie who got the site up and running and keeps out the gremlins.

And my wrist injury, regardless of being caused by Megan Fox is not keeping me from clicking HOME.

Actually, I was thinking of 1st time visitors and how much easier it would be for THEM to get to the home page if it were linked to the banner. As is, the BEAUTIFULLY DESIGNED and INFO PACKED pages that users can access only from the HOME page are basically hidden from your everyday surfer who stumbles across CCI ;)

As I understand it, if someone stumbles across this site by clicking on the URL wwwcasecoltingersolldotcom, they are taken to the very HOME PAGE you are speaking about. We call that our "front door" . It explains something about the Colt, Case and Ingersoll tractors as well as the site. The links are right there, front and center for those 1st time visitors to click on and explore. The problem IS.... people are lazy and also in too much of a hurry. They were stumbling around the internet looking for information because they have a problem of some kind and they want answers NOW. We cannot force them to explore the home page but Rich almost always suggests that in the Introductions section. However, we cannot force all newbies to put their first post in the Introductions section either. These problems have been discussed at great length during the past 6 months in two forums that you and other members who are outside of the ADMIN and the TEAM are not able to see and are often not aware of their existence.

What I am getting at here is that I was thinking of CCI promotion and ease of access.
***I*** know those pages inside out ;)

I don't know if most people even realize that clicking on the banner will do ANYTHING at all. To me, getting back to the Forum Index would be far more useful than having it take you to the Home page. I look upon the Home Page as being mostly a reference tool that ties into the Tech Section. Once you have read it from end to end, you are not going back on a daily basis to visit it. On the other hand, the Forum Index page is something that I am going back to a hundred times per day. YMMV.

[quote:3rc5sib5]BTW, I'm still looking for that thread you were supposed to start on MTF, telling them how wonderful this site is. What happened? :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

YES.

I posted it HERE so it would get read by someone other than HyDriv!! :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:[/quote:3rc5sib5]

I have it on good authority that Hy driv reads every thread no matter where it is placed. As for Snotrocket, I can assure you that he definitely reads every thread in the Help and Feedback section. Since these are the only two people that can discuss and then authorize and changes to the way the site functions, any thread started in this forum will most certainly get our attention. We do appreciate all suggestions from members and we do discuss them thoroughly prior to making a decision about them. :thumbsup:

Hilda

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:

YES.
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?p=1998466#post1998466

:thumbsup:

Today, 08:04 AM #1
creekhed1
deerhed

MTF Member # 50697
Is there room in the world for multiple forums?
I say YES!
I used to frequent the JD side of this site exclusively. Then I bought a Case 222 followed by an Ingy 3016...and now a 224... and started hanging out more over here.
THEN...I stumbled accross another cool forum over at www.casecoltingersoll.com

So now I hang my proverbial tractor hat in multiple forums! There's a ton of great members on both these sites but one thing is FOR SURE: There are certainly more JD "posters" in the JD section of THIS site than on this forum and CCI's forum combined, so it's helpful to be able to go to multiple forums for info and to share tidbits of this and that!
So...if any of you Case/Ingy folks are not aware of it, there is another forum just over yonder that's filled with cool stuff! *The HISTORY and TECH sections of that site are wicked cool too!*
Just thought I would share

Remove Advertisements

·
Banned
12,618 Posts

Bill.H said:
Think it'll stay up? :???:
Well, it's been up for over 4 hours and one Mod has already posted his thoughts on the issue.

I think that it will be an interesting thread before it plays out. Like you, I thought it would get pulled down almost instantly because earlier this year, they went ballistic over there every time someone mentioned my name or this site. A total example of the childish behaviour that I frowned upon and made me disenchanted with the site.

We'll see how it plays out. :lol:

·
Banned
12,618 Posts

It's now 1:49 eastern time and the thread just became two pages long. A second Mod has posted and has nothing negative to say. Looks like it will stay up after all. :sidelaugh:

·
Registered
302 Posts

Hey guys,

Just read through the MTF thread...Between that and the time I have spent here checking out all the ins and outs of the site and forum, I just gotta say

THANK YOU

For all you do and have done. I'm sure this belongs somewhere else on the forum, but thanks all the same.

Keep it up guys, I wouldn't want to hang anywhere else! :thumbsup:

Rob

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I re-read my post... and it's nice enough isn't it? all I am basically saying is that there are two cool forums I like to frequent and that anyone who does not know about CCI should check it out.

Seems harmless enough and even helpful to those in search of knowledge and entertainment...right?
It's certainly not a dis to MTF...and I hope they dont take it as such.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I mus admit that part of the reason I started that thread on MTF was like the "can't help but look" when you drive past and accident type of thing.
I wanted to see the reactions!

And... everyone seems to be behaving very well.
I only saw one post that was even slightly negative towards...this site...and even then he was like Melvin Milktoast in that it was a mellow slam...if it was even one at all.

but... AND this is what has me WONDERING...is... I KNOW there is obviouslly some animosity between members here and there... and obviously you guys were members THERE long before CCI...right? So... ahhh.... never mind ! :crazy:

maybe my username should be sh!tst!rrer :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

·
Registered
3,272 Posts

IMO, there is 0 [zero] wrong with the post. I would appreciate being told of another source for information. Deere guys mention WFM all the time at MTF. The MTF Wheel Horse forum has a "sticky" for Red Square.

On that note, anyone needing help with any Murray Ohio equipment feel free to go to......

MurrayOwnersWorld.com [affectionately referred to as M.O.W.] :mrgreen:

·
Banned
12,618 Posts

Snot will be expecting me to be the one to reply to your post.

If you look up Caseguytoo on MTF and Castoff on MTF, you find both ID's on the BANNED LIST. :sidelaugh: However, if you also look under those screen names, you see the quantity of posts made by both of them during their brief stay on that site. It goes without saying that I am not one of those "Politically Correct" individuals that constantly worries about how my posts are worded. When someone was looking for help, they got it from me and what I delivered was always correct and comprehensive. If someone was a bit of a doofus, I told them so. MTF is a great site overall. When I first joined MTF as CaseGuyToo, the Case/Ingersoll forum was dead because there was no one there who knew anything about the tractors. In just a few years, that forum went from the bottom of the MTF heap in activity to around the #4 spot behind Deere, Craftsman and Cub Cadet. I also had them add the Colt name to the forum title and half the manuals in their library were contributed by me.

But none of that counts when you have members who love to cruise from forum to forum and read posts .....looking for things they don't like so they can run to the Mods and complain. It got to the point where I was beyond caring any longer and I told them that they could either back up someone who was a major contributor to the site or go with a bunch of whiners who don't know squat about anything. They chose the whiners and I am grateful for that decision ever since. It was the final push I needed to get serious about putting together a site that I felt could better serve the CCI community and guess what?........... here we are today with nearly 1500 members and a very high daily activity rate.

Do I hold any hard feelings for the Mods that gave me the boot? Not at all. A couple of them became my friends over there and some of them are members here. Ingersoll 444 (Paul) and I go all the way back to the early days of that forum. Go to the very oldest posts and you will see what it was like prior to CaseGuyToo becoming active. There was nothing wrong with how you framed your post but last winter, the Mods were either deleting links to this site, deleting posts that mentioned it or even deleting entire threads. Chuck, Jack and I just sat back and laughed. All of us are members of MTF and that's how we met. I guess that they have finally got over it now and are allowing this discussion to continue. Compared to MTF, we are like a mouse to an elephant. MTF grew very quickly to the point where John, the former owner couldn't handle it any longer and sold it off. I don't ever want this site to get anywhere near that size. We have a great group of individuals on this forum who seem to enjoy coming here regularly. The amount of Moderation we do is relatively small compared to MTF and we have adequate staff to handle it with ease.

Any animosity that exists over there toward this forum is of their own making and it is counter-productive to both sites. Yes, there is some history between me and a couple of their members but that's not a problem for us. They are there and we are here. I am the primary gatekeeper on this site and as you have seen, we don't have problems here. Everyone gets along and we don't allow silly posts that seem to never end. It's a different style of management but it seems to keep the members happy and that's what it's all about, isn't it?

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

NICE!

I have noticed they EDIT A LOT of posts over there. I have had many edited as well.

I dig the site...period
...but I WILL SAY there are a couple of guys on the Case board over there that have treated me like ass on a few occassions when I 1st got my 3016.
THAT, I did NOT appreciate. At one point I actually said I was leaving! Then they came back with the ol' "I didnt mean it" routine. Whatever. hahahaha
I have a good sense of humor and pretty thick skin...so I dont get my feathers ruffled easily. That tells me they WERE being doinks (one in particular!)

For a while when I had a good post or something to share I would post it in BOTH forums. Nowadays, It gets posted here...and only here.

At any rate, they have a cool site over there. WE have a cool site over here.
I still post and visit there.
But
I much more prefer...HERE!

Thanks for welcoming me aboard a couple of months ago... I'm REALLY happy to be a "regular" 'round here.

·
Garden Tractor Nerd
359 Posts

BushBoneYard said:
IMO, there is 0 [zero] wrong with the post. I would appreciate being told of another source for information.
I'll agree with BBY. I don't see anything wrong with your post on MTF. Tactful enough way to let others know about CCI in my opinion. One idea that can be somewhat difficult to express to others is that at CCI we didn't want to be "just" a forum. It was my understanding the goal "IS" to make CCI a destination for those looking for more than just answers from someone on a forum but a place to come and learn more about these tractors - like a reference library. The idea is to make the site informative enough and attractive enough to get and retain Colt, Case and Ingersoll enthusiast and get them to return and participate in the CCI LGT conversation. :thumbup:

Kenneth

·
Site Founder
3,600 Posts

I have no hard feelings with anyone over there. I've exchanged info in the past on problem users with them. It makes it easier if we cooperate than if we don't.

After all, they hate Tom not me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (there's not enough smilies in the world for that crack....)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.