Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

Should I paint the Bucket Power Red?

• Keep the Bucket as close to the original color as possible or face the wrath of the purists!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,

I'm approaching the last steps in the 'partial' restoration of my 1973 Case 644.

I say "partial" because I did not remove the engine, most of the hydraulics, or the steering mechanisms. However, I have taken everything else apart and cleaned, repaired/rebuilt, painted, new decals.

I admit I may have not completed some of the cosmetic tasks to the same standards as those of you who have the luxury of time, but it's winter here, snow is coming and I need to have this functional very soon. Regardless, I'm very happy with the outcome so far!!

I have painted the drive train "Power Red" as it has always been
I have painted the entire upper half "Federal Yellow" with the exception of the bucket. Federal Yellow being as close to original color as anyone could direct me.

The reason I had not yet painted the bucket, is because of it's proximity to the wall where it was staged for all the previous work.

My lovely bride has been very supporting of this project as well as patient :thumbup: . However, she has made a request that had me thinking Hmmmmmmmmm.

She suggested I paint the bucket "Power Red" :shock:

Thoughts?

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
This is one of those magic moments in married life where you set the rules down. Just tell her that you won't make suggestions about shoe colour, purse colour, hat colour, scarf colour etc if she respects your right to paint the tractor to original specs. If you were to paint it red, then it would be unwise to post photos of it on this forum unless your skin is thicker than the hide on an elephant. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well,

I told my wife about the comment mikebramel made and she said - that was the correct answer.
then I painted it federal yellow :gums:

I posted the images in the gallery, never have luck posting in these forums.

note, it's NOT DONE YET!! the front tire rims have not been touched and there are smaller details left, but the pictures give an indication of what a new case 644 looked like in 73 :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.