Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I picked up a Colt from a barn cleaning, the tag says model number 2310, serial number 661458. Can anyone shed some light as to what it is ? If I can figure out the picture posting, I'll post some pics.

It's got no deck, rear fenders or seat. The hood is rough, grill is excellent, just a project.

Any information would be appreciated - thanks.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
screamineagle66 said:
Hi all. I picked up a Colt from a barn cleaning, the tag says model number 2310, serial number 661458. Can anyone shed some light as to what it is ? If I can figure out the picture posting, I'll post some pics.

It's got no deck, rear fenders or seat. The hood is rough, grill is excellent, just a project.

Any information would be appreciated - thanks.
Colt 2310........

Made in 1966 after Case bought Colt.

1966 is very last year for Colt Manufacturing.

The 2310 is the Lo Profile - hydraulically driven model - powered by a 10 HP Tecumseh HH-100 engine.

This one actually has a brake and a PTO clutch whereas those things did not exist one year earlier.

There were 3 other models in that year..

The 2110 was essentially the same as the 2310 but came with a gear drive

The 2510 was essentially the same as the 2310 but came with 15" rear rims instead of the 12"

The 2710 was also essentially the same but came with a 12 HP Tec HH-120 engine and 16" rear rims.

All of the above are past their "Best Before" date when it comes to being put back out in the field to do work, primarily due to the lack of parts. Either restore yours for show/parade use or consider selling it to someone who will.

Without checking the parts books, I cannot tell you to a certainty that fenders from a Case 150 or 155 are the same. If they are, then you are good to go. Decals and paint are not a problem. I think that Jim Daenzer may be able to help you out with a nice new seat pan and a set of cushions as well as that missing steering wheel cap that you forgot to tell us about.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information. It doesn't have the original engine then, as it's got a Kohler, 8 horse I believe. As far as the steering wheel cap, I'll need a steering wheel that doesn't look like a pretzel before I worry about the cap :lol:

It's not likely I keep it. I'd love to restore it and pull the yard trailer with it, but it's gonna be a while before it gets high enough up the priority list. It will likely be sold, unless it just isn't worth anything then I'll tuck it in the barn.

Thanks again for the info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.