Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Garden Tractor Nerd
359 Posts
silvertogold said:
Is that actually particle board on the mower deck?
Hmmmm. Very creative!!
Sure looks like the original metal covers to me just a little discolored from age. Notice the flanged edges with bolts?

NutCase2 - That is sure a cool looking Colt tractor. :thumbup:

Kenneth

·
Registered
633 Posts
silvertogold said:
Is that actually particle board on the mower deck?
Hmmmm. Very creative!!
If you mean the outboard pulley guards, those look to be sheetmetal to me, and I'f I'm not mistaken, they are as they left the factory, color-wise.
Edit: Beaten to the punch once again by the more-knowledgeable and more nimble-fingered! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The covers are metal, just slightly discolored.
It is very much all there and original. I am not quite sure that steering wheel is original. I understand that style was found on the high wheel models but who know?? She runs like new extemely tight and quiet no smoke and no noise. I am quite happy with her :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
wow thats a great looking machine there. i have a question wheres the throttle cuz i dont see it on the dash unless its the engine shut off lever. but i have the same tractor and how do i no if its a rancher 10 or a super 10? and im about to restore it how much work did it take u and where did u get ur paint.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
65colt said:
wow thats a great looking machine there. i have a question wheres the throttle cuz i dont see it on the dash unless its the engine shut off lever. but i have the same tractor and how do i no if its a rancher 10 or a super 10? and im about to restore it how much work did it take u and where did u get ur paint.
The throttle is the type you pull out and turn to the side to set it's position. I think it's the shut off lever you see.

Nice Colt.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
65colt said:
If you owned a Rancher, it would have 16" rear tires. The one in the photo has 12" tires and it has headlamps. It's a Colt Super.

There is no mechanical shutoff on Colt tractors. They have a key switch that controls those functions along with a choke, throttle and headlamp switch. If you read the thread again, you will see that the Colt is ORIGINAL. It has not been repainted.

·
Site Founder
1,801 Posts
I have seen this tractor somewhere before. It is very nice. It needs just a few things to make it right.

The steering wheel could be original. That seems to depend upon how late in the model production it was built. I have one with that wheel and it is original to the tractor. The wheel center likely was replaced. It looks too nice. A call or PM to Mr. Daenzer with your SN and he could tell you. Have your Engine SN as well and he can tell you if it is original.

Even though Tom says we have them all, there are some out there ready to be restored. I know of several that are for sale. I would be more than happy to help any member become a Colt owner. As I said in the other thread: Colt owners are the coolest guys on the site. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.