Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Administrator
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I will be here during your transition to the new platform, to help with any questions, help with navigation or how to do things, and to listen to your feedback so please don't hesitate to holler at me. I want to help. You can also check out our FAQs.

I do want to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Cricket. When I was born, my father told his friends I was the ugliest baby he had ever seen, and that I sounded just like a cricket (I was born with the hiccups.) so yes, I have been Cricket for 59 years now. I live just outside of San Antonio, Texas. I spend most of my free time out in nature and exploring the back roads. During late autumn when it starts to finally cool down, I disappear from the world for a bit for camping trips and hiking.

Please don't be afraid to explore and test out things to see how they work on the site. :)

Although you can certainly use the "insert image" icon to upload an image to your post, you can also just drag and drop it to the text editor or even copy/paste it into there!

You can easily share videos just by adding the URL directly into the text editor!

Gif links from sites like giphy.com will display automatically just by adding the gif URL directly in the text editor. Try it!

I am a huge fan of the dark mode for the community. What is your favorite feature?

The new forum software is still a work in progress.

We will be seeing regular updates which are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we will be actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers. We do ask that you keep any questions, thoughts or feedback about the new forum software here in the Community Feedback thread to help us keep all the information together so we don't miss anything.

There is still some work going on behind the scene so you may notice some changes as we work.
  • It can take 24-48 hours for the site to finish indexing so it may take a bit for search results to return proper results, including showing all your threads/posts under your profile.
  • We will continue to clean up the order of the sections on the full forum listings page so you might see some stuff move around.
  • We are reviewing permissions and special permission sections so let us know if you notice any issues so we can look into them.
I have worked with our community support team for 6+ years. I have worked with forums for closer to two decades. I won't always know the answers to your questions, but I can find someone who does, as needed. ;)

- Cricket

·
Administrator
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Navigating Thread Listing

• Clicking the thread title will take you to where you left off, the 1st unread post.
  • Clicking the timestamp below the title will take you to the 1st post of the thread.
  • Clicking the timestamp above the last poster user takes you to the last (newest) post.

- Cricket

·
Registered
492 Posts
When visiting this site the are 2 areas that I immediately migrate to. The first is "New Posts" and quite often the 2nd will be "What Fits and What Year". Any other navigation is likely to include the Technical Library.

"What fits?" and "What Year?" needs a priority fix Even if it is only a temporary fix, could those 2 items be given their own headings in the Technical Library section. This should make the link searchable in "Search Community" tool bar. One of our members posted their work arounds for the "What year" last week but that post seems to unsearchable at this time. CORRECTION- SDUNT just posted this link

What Year? - Case Colt Ingersoll Lawn and Garden Tractor Forum to the missing file.

My work around to avoid the "Recommended for You" page was by creating a short cut in a browser and/ or the favorites tool bar to this link entry past log in and the default home page.
This facilitates a direct link to the Whats new but the 4 digits and backslash needs to be removed in the https:// from the end before creating the short cut. www.casecoltingersoll.com/whats-new/posts/5715/

Regards,

Eugene

·
Administrator
1973 Case 444, 1974 Case 644, 1976 Case 446, 1977 Case 646
2,139 Posts
I do not believe any are on here from the old site!

Keep the Peace
Harry

·
Administrator
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
My Followed Forums

For sections of the community that have special importance to you, go to the forum section and click "Follow Forum".

You will see a list of options open for your preferences. Add a checkmark to your preferred options. Click Follow at the bottom.

Your Followed Forums will display at the top of the full Forum Listing page.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Is it really necessary to go through the "Captcha"
Every Single Time?
Have you tried staying logged in?

The developers are still working to find the optimum balance between preventing spammers while at the same time not hindering our legit members.

Check following the following tool/extension to help limit how often you have to deal with CAPTCHA.

FWIW I installed this extension on my Chrome browser. Once it was installed I clicked each option for tokens to prevent it from happening as much in the future.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
Any chance of getting the Mandatory introduction reinstalled for the new members?

Cheers,
Gordy

·
Administrator
5,997 Posts
Circling back to this one: Any information on if the old User Gallery photos can be restored?
Just wondering,
If you click on your account details, your profile, do you have an icon there that says, my media? Does your gallery pictures show up?

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
Just wondering,
If you click on your account details, your profile, do you have an icon there that says, my media? Does your gallery pictures show up?
Don't know about others, but I do not see a "My Media" on my profile page.

OH, while I'm here THANK YOU to whoever change the picture in the header (y) (y)

Cheers'
Gordy

·
Administrator
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Just wondering,
My media specifically refers to images uploaded here, not necessarily embedded or attached on threads.

Hope that clarifies,
Gerrit
(Cricket is away for a little bit, but I am here)

·
Administrator
5,997 Posts
My media specifically refers to images uploaded here, not necessarily embedded or attached on threads.

Hope that clarifies,
Gerrit
(Cricket is away for a little bit, but I am here)
Okay, can you respond to post #53 from our member?

·
Administrator
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I don't know the progress Cricket made on this. I can check with the team, but I know gallery recoveries can sometimes take time to rebuild.

I can check in but the rebuilt will likely have some time left before adequately completing it.

-Gerrit

·
Registered
48 Posts
So is there some particular reason my post answering a member question in the Tractor Talk Section should be flagged for moderation?

With all due respect I was a moderator longer than you have worked for VS!

Jim

41 - 60 of 73 Posts