Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Administrator
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
So is there some particular reason my post answering a member question in the Tractor Talk Section should be flagged for moderation?

With all due respect I was a moderator longer than you have worked for VS!

Jim
I haven't flagged anything. Can you provide me a link and I can dig into what happened?

-Gerrit

·
Administrator
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Ah
I don't see anything for moderation Jim. If you want we can have a private conversation and I can help sort out what issue you may be seeing since this doesn't seem to be others are noting as an issue.

-Gerrit

·
Registered
48 Posts
Gerrit

I think Lionel validated the post, but since I deleted the manual as well as the instructions I laid out for the member to do to resolve his issue the post became useless.
My intention at that point was to delete my post, which was an exercise in futility!
My question is why would it require validation?

Jim

·
Administrator
1973 Case 444, 1974 Case 644, 1976 Case 446, 1977 Case 646
2,139 Posts
Why was Jim's post flagged? That just does not make sense!
Harry

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
Gerrit

I think Lionel validated the post, but since I deleted the manual as well as the instructions I laid out for the member to do to resolve his issue the post became useless.
My intention at that point was to delete my post, which was an exercise in futility!
My question is why would it require validation?

Jim
That was you who jumped ship then came back aboard, wasn't it ? I know you'd have way more than 41 post since 2014. So just wondering if the system see's you as a newbie?

CHeers.
Gordy

·
Registered
48 Posts
That was you who jumped ship then came back aboard, wasn't it ? I know you'd have way more than 41 post since 2014. So just wondering if the system see's you as a newbie?

CHeers.
Gordy
Yes Gordy I had my profile nuked, I felt there was nothing I could to as a mod to help members anymore.
I let things get too personal, we have worked our tails off for this site and may be over protective.
I actually started a new profile after non members were locked out of the technical section and I had not finished organizing the manuals, turns out they had most of them others that were missing I forwarded to Admin.
I actually worked harder on the manuals than as a mod.
Yes I had many more posts, but numbers, trophies and such are not important to me it's always been about the members.

Thanks
Jim

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
Yes Gordy I had my profile nuked, I felt there was nothing I could to as a mod to help members anymore.
I let things get too personal, we have worked our tails off for this site and may be over protective.
I actually started a new profile after non members were locked out of the technical section and I had not finished organizing the manuals, turns out they had most of them others that were missing I forwarded to Admin.
I actually worked harder on the manuals than as a mod.
Yes I had many more posts, but numbers, trophies and such are not important to me it's always been about the members.

Thanks
Jim
You have been and are, an important part of this community and you are appreciated. Don't ever doubt that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Dave,

Thank you!

When I joined I found my Case coffee club, became a site supporter bought the CCI coffee mug frequently posted in an effort to help and welcomed new members with zeal.

I reluctantly became a mod, we do it for only one reason to serve the members.
Members have little idea as to most of what we do under ideal circumstances we do what is necessary and seamlessly.

We don't seek power or accolades, our job is to maintain our Case coffee club for all to enjoy.

When dramatic changes are made out of the blue that we cannot really moderate it is stressful because of the ramifications to our members.

So I feel our coffee shop has been ransacked, but I'm helpless because after all I don't own the coffee shop.

Being on both sides of fence, being a member is far less stressful.
And yes I understand being a mod we put the pressure on our self's to look out for members even when we lack control.

Jim

·
Administrator
1973 Case 444, 1974 Case 644, 1976 Case 446, 1977 Case 646
2,139 Posts
I understand your frustration Jim. I'm a mod also but what I know is only the tip of the iceberg of your knowledge. It pains me for you to be treated this way. I only wish I could turn back the hands of time to where we were before this unfortunate situation occurred. :mad::sick:
Harry

·
Registered
48 Posts
Harry

It's no big deal to me, but it would have been nice to be able to help another member without jumping thru hoops.
I'd like to see it rectified for the site,
There is no going back the only constant is change.
Our survival does not depend on the site, so whatever happens here isn't the end of the world!

Jim

61 - 73 of 73 Posts