Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I pulled the tractor around front two weeks ago, it had been on a trickle, but the battery wouldn’t hold a charge. I needed a tire tube so I let it sit there a week or so. Last weekend I charged it back up and started it to move it. I replaced the tube and thought was ready to go so I went out and got a new battery. Put it in and nothing. Tractor won’t crank, headlights don’t work, nothing. PTO switch is off, bridged out the seat switch temporarily, moving the levers around no signs of life whatsoever. Manual says there’s a fuse somewhere near the oil reservoir, I don’t see one. Starter motor works if you apply 12v To it. Has a vanguard engine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Disregard, fixed it. edit, had to hurry and cut grass, anyway some squirrels were stashing nuts up under the hood space apparently and pulled a wire loose which blew the fuse (Which was nowhere close to where the manual indicated).

·
Administrator
1973 Case 444, 1974 Case 644, 1976 Case 446, 1977 Case 646
2,578 Posts
man114, I must of missed your intro post back in Oct. 2020 when you joined. Just wanted to say welcome to another fellow WNYer.

Keep the Peace
Harry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts