Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
8,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried out the OTC compression tester today. On the 446 with 770 Linamar=P218 Onan I got just under 100 PSI and 100 PSI even on the second cylinder. Very good, correct? The Onan manual says between 75 and 115 PSI.... The tractor was warmed up and I did three cranks until the pressure stabilized. I had both plugs out for the tests. I also did the CCKA on the Case 646, but it didn't start up for me today (it's been getting more and more ornery) so the engine was cold. I only got 60 PSI in each cylinder. I have not been able to find the cylinder PSI for the CCKA (CCKA MS/2803J SN H750 970257) within the service manuals or anywhere in the library. Does anyone know the correct PSI for the CCKA cylinders?
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Registered
103 Posts
Rich
QUIT wateing your time checking compression.......so you have 100 psi.....but do you kinow it either is leaking A LITTLE?

Do cylinder leakdown test and know much more than you do know. On CCKA.....whether cold or hot, you would know WHY....rings or valves. Bob M

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.