Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My - new to me - 646 has kludged electrical wiring. But it does start, it does run, lights work, the oil light on the dash works BUT the ammeter does not work. And it does not work because it is not hooked up. It also has an aftermarket ignition switch that the previous owner installed since it had no key when he got it. So, my question is, how does one wire up the ammeter on this tractor? I know the ammeter has to be in the current flow but I have no idea where to begin. In the bargain, I can probably clean up some of the wiring mess. Does someone have or can they point me to a wiring diagram?

Thanks

Mark

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Ammeters often get disconnected because they failed. Your first bit of business is to determine if the existing ammeter conducts electricity or not. The use of aftermarket electrical products is unwise because more often than not, they are not correct for the application. NEW, CORRECT parts can be bought from our resident Ingersoll dealer, Brian Hildreth. You can click on the MEMBERS link at the very top right side of the page and you will find him listed on the first page of the list. Click on his name and on the left side you will see a mechanism to send him either a PM or an e-mail

As Rich suggested, locate the wiring pictorial in the correct parts manual and refer to that for guidance. However, we are here to answer any questions that arise. Wiring issues are something that only the owner can sort out by tracing each wire as they are referring to the drawing. Without us actually seeing what you are working on, we are highly limited when it comes to figuring out the true nature of your problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.