Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like some insight and ideas from y’all on stacks for my project, my only request is the louder the better. I don’t really know if I should build a larger OD” exhaust or the stock OD”…. Woody

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Back in my tractor pulling days I played around with exhaust stacks. These were Kohler K series engines. A pipe with the same ID will most likely be the loudest. If you step up the ID a couple of times before the exit, it deletes some of the noise but not by much. The benefit of making the pipe larger a couple of times, (expansion chambers) is the slight increase in power at the top end.

7 pipes were built with varying length and number of expansion chambers. All of them had port matched flanges and smooth transitions throughout. They were all run on the same .030" over K301 on a dyno on the same day. Each one made more torque than the base line straight pipe purchased through a garden tractor pulling site.

My $0.02.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Coby thanks for your information, much appreciated, I was thinking of purchasing a Ford 8n stock exhaust from TSC and having my best friend who’s a welder by trade TIG up the exhaust. But I like your idea, and it’s purely for pissing off my idiot neighbor and secondly I like the look of a stack on these Cases.. Woody

·
Administrator
4,244 Posts
Have you considered mounting one of those soundbar speaker things on the fenders? Download some really annoying music, I'd suggest a bagpipe marathon, crank 'er up and go mowing!!! A lot less work than a vertical exhaust which is a lot of work to get supported right, [so it doesn't crack off the block].

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dundee so the exhaust is totally screwed from sitting outside for years, so I think the exhaust stack looks awesome on Cases, and due to my traumatic brain injury I unfortunately have hearing aids so I can’t hear anything anymore..

·
Administrator
4,244 Posts
As an added bonus, especially if you use an oversize pipe, the raincap will bang open and shut at idle on a 1 cylinder engine. Extra annoyance for your neighbor buddy for about 10 bucks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts