Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just getting some ideas, my 444 will go under the knife in a few weeks to get a heart transplant and since I'm already taking it so far away from stock I've been debating on painting it a different color or different combination of colors. Anyone on here have any 400 series tractors that they have painted something other than the original color combo?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just getting some ideas, my 444 will go under the knife in a few weeks to get a heart transplant and since I'm already taking it so far away from stock I've been debating on painting it a different color or different combination of colors. Anyone on here have any 400 series tractors that they have painted something other than the original color combo?
Here’s one of mine but the 70 series was white and orange or tan and orange them you have Stars and Stripes and the demo. Then lastly like mine black and white.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,852 Posts
I have seen a few for sale that were painted Gross & Yeller, MAN talk about UGLY tractors 🤮. Oh and they were for sale for a very looong time ;) The paint really affected the price others are willing to pay :(

Cheers,
Gordy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here’s one of mine but the 70 series was white and orange or tan and orange them you have Stars and Stripes and the demo. Then lastly like mine black and white.
Yeah I've seen yours there and that's similar to what I want to do with the build as far as functionality. I was thinking of going more like a modern case color combo with the black frame and red body panels, just wanted to see what and if anyone else has done something different. Thanks!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've always thought that the 400 series hood was designed to mimic the case farm tractors of the day. So I've always thought painting it the same color scheme as the case farm tractors would be an appropriate approach. I think it's power white with power red or something to that effect?

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
I've always thought that the 400 series hood was designed to mimic the case farm tractors of the day. So I've always thought painting it the same color scheme as the case farm tractors would be inappropriate approach. I think it's power white with power red or something to that effect?
I have been been considering paining my 1976 446 in the spirit of America scheme.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've always thought that the 400 series hood was designed to mimic the case farm tractors of the day. So I've always thought painting it the same color scheme as the case farm tractors would be inappropriate approach. I think it's power white with power red or something to that effect?
Yeah the white body panels with the red frame would look good. I'm personally not a fan of the plain all red of the stock scheme so I just wanted to shake it up a bit and also since it'll be fairly different I don't think I would cause any issues as far as the value is concerned as long as I don't paint it "Gross and yeller" lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts