Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has retrofitted a non case tiller to work with their machine? Reason is, my dad has an old 3 point 48" tiller that he would just give to me. I also know where I can get a wheel horse tiller. Coupling a hydraulic motor to either doesn't seem like it would be that hard. How big of a tiller do you think a 444 could run?

I do worry about the size/weight being a little much, but the tiller itself looks like it could be narrowed without a whole lot of effort. Just curious. Here in the west it seems case attachments are a little rare and definitely will cost more to ship here.

thanks, Ben

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot for your feedback. I greatly value your detailed and informative posts. I didn't consider the gear reduction issue. I suppose with enough time and $$ anything is possible. And the price to actually find the OEM part is then completely reasonable. Do you happen to know what the tine diameter is on a case tiller?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.