Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
All tractors made after January 1, 1984 are Ingersoll tractors even if they have decals on them that say CASE. When you buy a company, then whatever rolls out the door the day after is made by YOU, not the previous owner. The dual-badging thingee that took place in 85 through 88 was simply part of the agreed upon transition. There was only one line of tractor that left the plant for the North American market. In other words, you won't find a 1987 Case and a 1987 Case-Ingersoll.

The Parts Manuals will tell you the exact PIN when the decals changed from pure Case to Case/Ingersoll and then to Ingersoll only. They will also tell you the exact PIN when the indicator lights were introduced.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will have to find out the serial number as the tractor is an hour away, and looking to possibly buy it. He belives mid 80's. My thoughts were it was only the Ingys that had the "full floor/fender" s that had the indicators, as this doen not,

·
Ingersoll Dealer
1,499 Posts
The plastic dash with idiot (sorry, indicator) lights was part of the '87 model year build. Manufacture date would have begun around Aug. of '86.
1987 models were considered the 25th anniversary tractors, but we received quanities of decals from Ingersoll to apply to early production tractors that may have left the factory without them and in theory they could have been applied to any tractor in a dealer's inventory.
Bob

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have a 1987 446 PIN 14112348 and it has the indicator lights. In fact i am trying to resolve an issue with the battery light. This indicator light its lit when the ignition is on and continues to seat on while the tractor its running. In some other post i have read a recommendation to put a volt meter to the battery while tractor is running and if there is 13 v or more on the meter the battery is being properly charged. If this its the case ( I still need to test ) would the problem be either with the voltage rectifier or the voltage sensor? The battery does not appear to drain and has been able to readily start the tractor every time since purchased a week ago. Can anyone offer input on this illuminated indicator light issue?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.