Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the hardened front axle pin and everything is pretty tight (without binding). In high gear, headed down my driveway, my front end starts to wobble and shake all over the place. It doesn't do that at lower speeds, just when in high gear and heading down a slight decline. I check the front end and, with the exception of some slight play in the steering, everything seems to be ship shape.

What could be the cause and solution for this? Is it from a worn steering gear, worn-out wheel bearings, etc?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Boy, I tell you if it is happening headed downhill you had better get under that thing and check out the tightness and wear on the sector gear. All you need is to be headed downhill with a load and when you get down the hill in a tight spot and the gears start stripping on you . Been there, done that!

Best of luck!

Bill

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for the delay and thanks for the responses. I am going to oder bearings shortly. Steering gear has some play in it, but in watching the wheels, they are moving independently, so I am thinking it is not the steering. I'll do the wheels bearing and report back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts