Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
I am assuming you mean the flywheel cover. When I pulled the head on mine, it was installed in the tractor with the clutch and fan on it. I removed all the bolts from the cover and slid the cover forward enough and up to clear the head. Wasn't too difficult to do. The tins at the rear gave me more grief if I remember correctly. My engine has studs and not bolts for the head, if you have bolts you may not have to. While it's out of the way, check for rodent nests. Mine was packed full when I got the tractor. There was enough to fill a baseball cap under there. After I dissassembled the engine, it took about 45 minutes of poking with a 3/32" welding rod and blowing with compressed air to remove the stuff that was packed between the cylinder and the valve spring area. I still haven't figured out how it got packed in there so tight.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great. At least if I have to move the front tin I wont have to remove the clutch and stuff. I dont see how the from cooler and tank can be moved out of the way to pull the clutch off. The suction tube and hose are way to stiff.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Rockdog said:
Great. At least if I have to move the front tin I wont have to remove the clutch and stuff. I dont see how the from cooler and tank can be moved out of the way to pull the clutch off. The suction tube and hose are way to stiff.
If they are that stiff, it's likely time to change them. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stewart - they're metal tubes which with the cooler, supports, and tank off dont really move much. The suction hose i took off is the type that apparently has a fiberglass or hard plastic center. It surely isnt flexible.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hear ya. The clutch manuals all say to swing the cooler out of the way too. Course the clutch manual also states two different and opposing cam orientations on the same page.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.