Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a J44 deck with a mule that seems to be to narrow to hold it. When I bought this GT last year the deck was not attached as the rear hanger / links did not come with it. I bought 2 link sets. meaning the L part with both bolts and the thum screw looking part that is held on the L by the nuts. Problem is when I look at the photos in the users guide and attempt to assembly the links in the same fashion the links are about an inch further apart than the mule. I think I need link C19412. Does anyone have one of these links they want to sell? If I turn the L link around so it attaches to the deck in the oposite direction it will function but it cocks the mule off to one side.

Next, the arms of the mule are not paralel to each other, On side is a little higher. Are they supposed to be paralel?

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I had long assumed that all mule drives were pretty much interchangeable until last fall when I tried to swap a deck and the connections didn't line up properly. I was in a hurry so I just grabbed another mule that fit and continued sucking up leaves. I forgot about it until you raised the subject and haven't done any further investigation to figure out why there are differences.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
There are several parts on the J-Series deck/mule/harness that are unique to that model. The K, L, M and N decks use different parts. That information can be found in the Tech Library/Parts Manuals/Rotary Mowers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.