Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure I've ever used this,but should I decide right after I post something,that I want to delete it,where is the delete button ?
And I hope I have not asked this before.

Maynard :canada:

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Maynard,
To delete a post click on "edit" in the lower right hand corner of your post. The first check box on the edit page is to delete the post. The option is only available for a short while though.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Clicking on "edit " is not a problem, but where is the "check box" to click on for edit,I see none.Now I know I have deleted the odd post in the past,so I must be going nuts,but I see nothing to do with deleting.

EDIT NOTE:
OK,I just clicked on edit on this post and I see it.But I just tried the same thing on another post,that I just posted I might add,and it isn't there????????????
I guess that feature doesn't work in all sub-forum eh ?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I know about the time thing. I was talking about right after you post,deciding delete said post.I'm talking about a minute or two at the most.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
I believe what is happening is once someone posts after your post, the option to delete your post is no longer there regardless of time. I already lost the option to delete my last post but I can still edit it.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Maynard

Where's Chuck when ya need him ? :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

I've had good luck in the past but a couple times I noticed the delete button missing rather quickly after my post.

Maybe Hydriv will have a sticky we can refer to. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The "BOSSES" are always around when you don't want them. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
LOL

As soon as you posted, the Delete "X" option dissapeared from my previous post. That was posted 6 min ago.

Looks like BBY has it figured out. :thumbsup:

We will likely find out when Chuck gets the fluids back in his computor. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

·
Site Founder
3,600 Posts
What a funny bunch. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I've been debating all day while reading this thread on my cell phone who was going to get the title of "Goat Humper"

As for Maynards problem.

You can only delete/edit a post for 15 minutes after you make it. If someone else posts after you then the option to delete it is gone.
If you need to have something deleted after that you're going to have to PM myself, Tom, Jack or Brad. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Snotrocket said:
As for Maynards problem.

You can only delete/edit a post for 15 minutes after you make it. If someone else posts after you then the option to delete it is gone.
If you need to have something deleted after that you're going to have to PM myself, Tom, Jack or Brad. :thumbsup:
OK, but in this case ,it wasn't a time limit thing.This post I made was in Tom's Bullshit Forum.I decided just the same moment that I posted it,to delete it. It was only about 10 seconds,and no one posted after me,there just wasn't a "delete button" there.Check it out,I think you will find that you can't delete anything in that forum.

·
Site Founder
3,600 Posts
That's probably true. The permissions are setup different in there. There's lots of different things you can't do because I don't want results in that forum turning up in a search. :thumbsup:

Did you call Tom an a-hole and try to delete it? :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Snotrocket said:
Did you call Tom an a-hole and try to delete it? :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:
Actually, I gave Maynard permission to call me that. However, that permission is exclusive with him so don't get any ideas. :lol:

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hydriv said:
Snotrocket said:
Actually, I gave Maynard permission to call me that. However, that permission is exclusive with him so don't get any ideas. :lol:
And by the way Tom,I forgot to thank you for that. :sidelaugh: :mrgreen:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.