Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
3,384 Posts
That looks like a 180 to me. Perhaps one of our pros here can confirm that. The hood looks like it’s seen better days but worth looking into if you live close by.

·
Administrator
8,137 Posts
That looks like a 180 to me. Perhaps one of our pros here can confirm that. The hood looks like it's seen better days but worth looking into if you live close by.
8690 :clap:
:goodpost:I was thinking the same thing :thumbup:
LOOKS a lot my 65 Colt too.:think:

Anyone interested may want to be real careful with this listing.:lolno:

bigman :usa2:

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Yeah that is a 180 alright.... well what is left of one... Been pretty well hacked up.:cry::cry:

Dave

·
Administrator
4,011 Posts
I'd take it, for a reasonable price! If it is too far gone to be put back factory feasably, I would do a repower, with a free conscience, maybe even diesel, and do it right so to leave people wondering if it WAS factory. :mrgreen:

·
Administrator
8,137 Posts
I'd take it, for a reasonable price! If it is too far gone to be put back factory feasably, I would do a repower, with a free conscience, maybe even diesel, and do it right so to leave people wondering if it WAS factory. :mrgreen:
222 :wave: :canada:
A Kohler would fit in there nicely, 12HP would be my choice.:mechanic:
As far as the hood goes there a wonderful member in Ohio here :clap: that can come up with a brand new rust free piece:thumbup:
Also he has Side Hood Panels that are just outstanding. :thumbup:

bigman :usa2:

·
Ingersoll Dealer
1,240 Posts
That member would be Steve Guider who is horton20 on this site. Not sure that he checks in frequently but to contact and of the dealers who post here can supply contact information.

Bob

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I was just at Steve's this week.. He is running VERY thin on hoods and side panels, He does have 130/180 hoods, but no 150/155/190/195 etc hoods left. and he is essentially out of front side panels as well for the 190-195 type.. He is also out of Mufflers too.. Getting things made these days is pretty much impossible..

Dave

·
Ingersoll Dealer
1,240 Posts
I was just at Steve's this week.. He is running VERY thin on hoods and side panels, He does have 130/180 hoods, but no 150/155/190/195 etc hoods left. and he is essentially out of front side panels as well for the 190-195 type.. He is also out of Mufflers too.. Getting things made these days is pretty much impossible..

Dave
You are right Dave, he is also out of the 646 lower dash panels. Hopefully his metal fabricator will get back on line and make another run of some of these. Hopefully this comment is not out of line but the Case collector community needs to get on board and be willing to pay a fair price for these items that may soon be no longer available. Some of the stories that Steve can tell you about people balking at paying $30 for something that they cannot make themselves just makes me shake my head.

Bob

·
Ingersoll Dealer
1,240 Posts
So, I guess it takes all kinds and everyone has their own threshold regarding what is a fair price. We likely ship more Case/Ingersoll parts daily than any other supplier and it often concerns me when I get a comment on an order that "our shipping prices are too high". Our website defaults to the least expensive carrier (as to not scare off potential business) which is usually USPS but invariably the complainers have overridden the low cost option to choose UPS. When that method is chosen our site links directly with UPS which supplies the current published rate up to the minute including fuel surcharge. We do not inflate their shipping, do not add a handling charge that would cover containers, tape and packaging or time in preparing and getting orders to the carrier.

Perhaps I should forward their comments to my wife who've I just given the $900.00 invoice for the pallet that Uline shipped this week.

As I said, takes all kinds!

Bob

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I pretty much think his fabricator is DONE........... I have been waiting for over a year for 3 more T-90 beds and he still has not come through for me on them. (The fab guy, not Steve) From what Steve told me the guy is having some health issues and not able to work in the shop, so I am betting we need to find another sheet metal guy! I have a local guy that can make some of the simple items, but not T-90 beds! :-(

Dave

·
Administrator
4,011 Posts
I pretty much think his fabricator is DONE........... I have been waiting for over a year for 3 more T-90 beds and he still has not come through for me on them. (The fab guy, not Steve) From what Steve told me the guy is having some health issues and not able to work in the shop, so I am betting we need to find another sheet metal guy! I have a local guy that can make some of the simple items, but not T-90 beds! :-(

Dave
Methinks Dave here has an golden opportunity.:think: A shear, finger brake, spot welder and maybe a couple of dies for curves and everyone has a new supplier for hard to find tin for vintage Cases!:rockon::thumbup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts