Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well had my case 446 for 2 weeks, went to start it for about the 5th time and starter does not turn over, charged battery and still nothing, :cry:, tomorrow will start looking for problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does the starter spin and not engage? Or does it do nothing? If it is the first one your bendix may be stuck and need oiled. If it is the latter get a test light and turn the key to the crank position,see if there is power at the starter if there isn’t it could be a safty of other wiring gremlins. Or a bad cellenoid

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does the starter spin and not engage? Or does it do nothing? If it is the first one your bendix may be stuck and need oiled. If it is the latter get a test light and turn the key to the crank position,see if there is power at the starter if there isn’t it could be a safty of other wiring gremlins. Or a bad cellenoid
ya, the starter does nothing, will have to check it out

·
Administrator
2,893 Posts
Check both the PTO and neutral safety switches. Wiggle the levers to make sure the tractor is in neutral and that the pto is fully disengaged. (Don't be embarrassed if that's the issue - anyone who says that they have never done that is lying...)

If you temporarily bypass these safety switches for troubleshooting purposes, PLEASE make sure you replace them if they are bad. They are there for your safety.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check both the PTO and neutral safety switches. Wiggle the levers to make sure the tractor is in neutral and that the pto is full disengaed. (Don't be embarrassed if that's the issue - anyone who says thay have never done that is lying...)

If you temporarily bypass these safety switches for troubleshooting purposes, PLEASE make sure you replace them if they are bad. They are there for your safety.
Thank you, it was the pto lever, did not know that had a safety switch on the pto, I would have really been embarrassed if I pulled a bunch of stuff apart and then figured it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts