Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those Beiter kids are at it once again!!!:mechanic:Benjamin has finally decided to start the restoration on his early 1965 130 (ok, dad finally gave in to his pressure to get it done!) He has been working on it on and off for the past couple weeks and today I finally got out the sand blaster and we had at it!.. Here are some pics!

Before
IMG_0141a.jpg

Getting started
DSCN4575.JPG

A little later
DSCN4579.JPG

Blasting away!
DSCN4587.JPG DSCN4589.JPG

Yes, the hood is a little big for him... but it works well

More to come soon!

Dave

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Making slow progress.. as I have been busy with other things around the house, but he has been steadily smoothing out the pits/ etc.. Today I helped him all afternoon wet sanding, so tomorrow or Wednesday we will shoot another coat of primer to see where we are at.

Dave

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, you guys are probably wondering what is going on with this project..... well not very much!!! It was a long cold winter and the kids (and dad too) elected to not work on the cold barn on this project! So with it looking like spring is breaking we have been spending a little more time.. so here is the progress report! Not Gonna be done by the Sugar creek show (May 12).. But will be done before my show in late August... :mechanic:

Enjoy!

Dave
DSCN4804.jpg DSCN4805.jpg DSCN4809.jpg DSCN4811.jpg

·
Administrator
8,205 Posts
WOW, GREAT WORK !!
:thumbup: GREAT DETAILS,:thumbup: GREAT PAINT. :thumbup:
:clap: Thanks Dave for sharing your hard work and cool tractor. :clap:

bigman :usa2: BIG Fan of the round headlight's Tractor :thumbup::casegt:

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Had a little excitement yesterday on this build... finished up wiring the tractor, installed the cooler, filled tranny with 10 quarts of 15w-40, had Jonathan pull the battery out of my 222, went to hook up the terminals... boom.. well ok sizzle.. pop........... pulled the battery and checked the fuse, sure enough blown.......... hmmmmm went back through the wiring, making sure everything was correct, yep all is good, put in another fuse,, pop! dangit!!! I then figured that either the ignition switch (original) or the new regualtor must be bad......... swapped out the regulator.... pop......... crap! then switch... pop... never suspected the new ammeter............ but that is what it was the new Case script ammeter must have a dead short, so swapped it out and started her up... runs like a champ!! Found a couple small runs and some dry spray on the hood, so sanded them out.. will shoot another coat of color later this week and then call it DONE!!! I hope :mechanic:

Dave

·
Administrator
8,205 Posts
Dave :casegt::thumbup: :paintjob::thumbup:
Can't wait to see it. :clap:
If the sun ever comes out :cool: put it out in the sun and let it heat up the paint.:lolno:

bigman :usa2:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts