Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an early model 224 (s/n 9667xxx) that I am restoring. On the hydraulic pump (p/n C19045), at the point where the metal elbow enters the pump back cover (p/n C19113 suction tube side) there is an "O-Ring" that I cannot find the part number for....

The diameter of the o-ring material is very thin (around 0.068") the ID of the o-ring measures around 0.875".

If anyone knows where I can source this part please let me know. :fingerscrossed:

Another question: What is supposed to hold this tube in? There does not seem to be any thing other than the friction of the metal elbow into the pump to hold it in......? Is this a deliberate design?

Thanks in advance, I appreciate this forum.

Doug

Attachments

·
Site sponsor, Parts Dealer
3,052 Posts
Doug, There are two of #5 orings used in this (C15732) $3.50 each if you need this. (in stock) the tube is all one part with the cover, Thinking it was pressed in at factory. Bill, Barneveld Imp. 608-924-1662

·
Administrator
6,178 Posts
Well, most of my pumps that were similar to yours, that tube was in a fixed position and by hand, wasn't moveable. In saying that, that's the suction side, so not much pressure there if any at all. Was it leaking, that it required removal? Did it fall out?

As far as replacement, about the best to suggest would be careful measuring of the "thickness" of the O'ring, and measuring the ID of the O'ring. I've had to resort to this several times,, or take it into a big shop that works on hydraulic stuff, and they can use their gauges to find something suitable. My bigger concern would be, how the thing is supposed to stay in the pump. It would seem impractical to me, for it to just be stuck into the pump, and left there by it's own will. Perhaps some variation of Loctite was originally used?

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Lionel - Got a "bucket" of parts with an old "crusty" chassis and hood and I'm building from the ground up.......this pump came with the return elbow already out of it.....all of my other pumps have the elbow pressed in. Maybe this one had been pressed in but it doesn't look like it ever was. I just was wondering if early pumps were designed this way.

·
Ingersoll Dealer
1,376 Posts
As Bill mentions, the elbow is part of the rear cover and not meant to be removed. Once pressed in at the manufacturer it should not come loose or need to be removed. That said, it's not the first time this has happened and I'm sure someone will chime in as to their method of retaining the tube if the correct size 'o' ring can be sourced. For me, the solution would be a new pump.

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts