Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The carb on my 444 seems to work well but the issue is the three small screws that hold the cover plate on appear to have been RIPPED out. I can’t think of a good way to fix. I would have to tap several sizes larger. Not sure there is even enough material for this. Any ideas?

If not I was going to get eBay one but don’t want to get one with the choke on wrong. Anyone have a link to the correct eBay carb for kohler Case?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I can't give a specific link but this is how I go about it. With your carb in hand (or near by), type "Kohler K341 carb" into Ebay. Compare the pictures carefully with your carb to make sure it is set up correct. Also, make SURE you get one with adjustable high and low speed jets. These old engines need to be tunable.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You might want to try this on Amazon as well. At least on Amazon you can return it if it isn't correct for your application.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just got this one yesterday and wasn`t aware of the choke being wrong.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07QGGMZGD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I took the choke valve shaft out of my old one and it fit perfectly in the new one. Just use the screws that came out of the old one as they are a different size on the new choke shaft. I haven`t put it on yet as my 444 is in a million pieces right now getting a good clean up and some paint.

PS. make sure you do NOT lose the little ball and spring which will pop out when you remove the choke shaft. It is located behind the choke shaft on the side away from the lever. also put a little loctite on the screws.

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Doesn't that tractor pulling guy carry carbs. The one with the points system.

Or maybe Isavetractors ?

·
Registered
318 Posts
aftermarket carbs usually are reversed for our choke application.
you can swap your original shaft like swervn69 said, filing down the back of the brass screws helps if they are peened over.
the aftermarket screws to hold the butterfly are not interchangeable to OEM so if the OEM brass screws sheer you will need to buy new screws.

can also check www.enginebore.com

·
Registered
496 Posts
Yes file/Dremel the back side of the screws that are exposed, if you do not most times they will snap in the choke/throttle shaft.....

·
Ingersoll Dealer
1,344 Posts
The carb on my 444 seems to work well but the issue is the three small screws that hold the cover plate on appear to have been RIPPED out. I can't think of a good way to fix. I would have to tap several sizes larger. Not sure there is even enough material for this. Any ideas?

If not I was going to get eBay one but don't want to get one with the choke on wrong. Anyone have a link to the correct eBay carb for kohler Case?
Unless there is considerable damage to air cleaner mounting surface I usually helicoil these damaged threads with excellent results. You will have to remove the choke shaft in order to tap the holes for the inserts, as Rockland Valley states, the peened over ends of the mounting screw threads should be ground off. The same screws can be reinstalled with loctite to retain them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts