Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First guys , thanks for the forum. Since I purchased this 448 and have been refurbing it I have used and reused your friendly information. I have completed the degreasing, tear down, sandblasting, valve job(succcess by using your info) and carb rebuild.
Well it runs again and the parts are all painted, decals on today and the hood will be reinstalled.
The embarrassing thing- I have replaced all the engine shrouds except for two of them, I haven't been able to stumble across any pics that might help me get them to where they belong. Now ain't that lame!
This is my First CASE and I cant wait to use it with the tiller. last week I aquired another Case, a 442.
I guess what I need are some pics to study or I can post pics of the pieces.
Again , I can't thank you enough for the assistance I have received from your forum. Doc.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
There are shrouds that are part of the Onan engine and those are made by Onan and supplied with the engine at the time of purchase. There are also "heat shields" made by Case to keep super-heated air from blowing back onto the operator's legs. I suspect that you have reinstalled all of the Onan tin and that you are wondering about the heat shields. I think that page 20 of this manual should help you figure it out. It's a large file so be patient. It loads slow.

http://www.manuals.casecoltingersoll.co ... marked.pdf

Oh....one more thing. Never do you need to be embarrassed to ask a question on this forum. We are all here to learn. Questions and answers help everyone with that process.

·
Administrator
3,513 Posts
Doc,

One more thing that I've learned when it comes to replacing the heat and engine shields on the older Case tractors is that many of these parts are still available new and for reasonable prices. Brian Hildreth (a member here and Ingersoll dealer) is amazing when it comes to finding new and NOS parts for these older tractors.

Good luck with your refurb! :trink:
Tim

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WOW! I love this machine. I have been driving it around the place and down the road. It IS smooth. Next week I will install the tiller, gonna be fun!
My wife drove it, let her see how smart I am, :rockon: I video'ed her but I dont know how to post that.
Thanks a hundred time over guys and gals.

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
DrBailey said:
WOW! I love this machine. I have been driving it around the place and down the road. It IS smooth. Next week I will install the tiller, gonna be fun!
My wife drove it, let her see how smart I am, :rockon: I video'ed her but I dont know how to post that.
Thanks a hundred time over guys and gals.
Doc: Tractor looks sweet in the Avatar. :thumbup: Can't wait to see the video and pics. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
What a transformation, nice work Doc! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You should be very proud of your work! I see a lot of prep work was involved.That tiller looks like it is going to kick some butt! She sounds great in the video! :thumbup:
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.