Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have a couple of service manuals that I have been looking through. I have have also read through the "FAQ's", and service manuals in the Tech section and still haven't found anything for this question.

I have to replace the engine mounts on a couple of tractors as they are completely torn and ripped apart. I have 1 set of mounts I need to install, but after I removed the old ones, was wondering what people are using to fasten the new ones back in place. Do I need to have to install some sort of steel rivets back, or do people just use some sort of tiny bolt, and hope they don't rattle loose from the vibration. If I missed something just point me in the right direction and I have no problem reading it.

·
Registered
877 Posts
When I removed the mounts from the mounting plates on mine, they had aluminum pop rivets. The seemed to be holding very well. I have access to stainless 4mm allen head bolts with nylocks that I'm planning on using when it goes back together. We'll see how they hold up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, gotcha on the mounts. I ordered those from McMaster and have them. The original rivets are aluminum??? Mine seemed to be a lot heavier than aluminum. If they are, then I should be able to back with them, right? I thought they were some type of steel as they didn't drill like aluminum.

·
Registered
877 Posts
:+1: That is very possible. Under the Power Red paint on one of the plates was black paint. Also the rivets were two different lengths, longer on one plate than the other. With this thing I'm working on, anything is possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.