Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my engine rebuild kit ordered. Got all of my engine parts painted. If my engine comes back clean I'll paint that before I rebuild it. Just needed a .010 over bore, all the other parts are fine. Maybe in a few weeks I'll be turning dirt.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Do everyone a favor.

Keep track of the following -

- what parts you purchased and the costs of them on an individual basis

- what machine shop operations were performed and a cost of each on an individual basis.

- a final total of all out-of-pocket costs directly related to the rebuilding of the engine itself

- post all of that in this thread once the fat lady has sung.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, here is the list of costs.
Rebuild kit (no valves) $92 includes shipping
Bore cylinder $50
Valve grind and seat $35
Resurface head $15
Machine shop assemble $50
15w40 oil 2.5 gal $28
30w oil 3qt $9
Spray paint 2 cans $9

Total $274.00

Considering estimates of $800 - $1200 to rebuild if I brought the machine in I didn't do to bad. Just put a fresh coat of paint on the engine so tomorrow I can begin the rebuild.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok I forgot a $3 piece of low pressure oil resistant hose. New cost $277. Now Hydrive youa re really testing me as I just bought the kit and handed it over. So here is what I got. Piston (coated), rings (chrome), rod, points, spark plug, all gaskets. Every gasket that the motor could use. Now I hope I don't wreck one doing my first engine assembly. Here is my first mistake. I painted the cooling fins on the motor. Will this cause my motor to overheat?

·
Registered
99 Posts
man that is a good price on machine work. The shops i went to all wanted a lot more then what you paid. I think it was $215 to to bore, deck the head and and grind valve seats. I have yet to rebuild it because that is more than I want to spend. anyone know a good machine shop in Connecticut let me know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.