Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Well I finally got to some yard clean up at Golden Cove today. I used the 446 because the caster is still on the 448. When I started the 446 the exhaust pipe cracked apart on one side. I have removed it but was wondering what advice you all could give. Should I try and have the pipe I have welded or should I try and get a new one made up?

:mowlawn:

·
Site Founder
3,600 Posts
Either way it shouldn't cost you much to have it welded up.

I would make a new pipe/flange for the other side at the same time. If the other side is still intact whoever welds it can use it to make sure the bends are correct.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Look in Summitracing.com or jegs.com for exhaust pipe. They sell a lot of pieces that already have 90 degree bends in them. Im sure you could make something work if you start with all new pipe.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just spoke with Boomer. One option I may have is repairing it like the older style. They used to use a 1" x 2 1/2" threaded nipple coming out of the block and clamp the exhaust pipe to that. I should be able to install a nipple and cut my pipe above the weld and clamp it to a nipple :grin: . Thanks for the help Boomer :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.