Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

F54 blade on newer tractors

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Hydriv 
#1 ·
I can't find any owners/operators manuals for the old F84 caster;F44 deck and F54 grader blade anywhere.I have a F54 blade that I want to sell to a friend with an 80's case ingersoll 224.Does anyone have any idea if this blade would work on newer tractors.It's mounting is completely different from newer mule mounted blades....supposedly this is a better,stronger way to mount a blade.Any input would be much appreciated! :thumbsup:

#6 ·
The F-blade is for tractors that have mounting brackets welded to the underside of the frame, just in front of the rear wheels and were built before 1973. If someone is good at overhead welding, then the brackets can be fabricated and installed. The OP manual isn't going to tell you very much that the parts manual doesn't. Those blades have a "wishbone" type of mount that pins onto the frame brackets at the rear of the wishbone arms. The lift lever picks up the wishbone further along the wishbone frame. That's it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.