Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys is there a fast easy way to fill in a VERY BADLY pitted hood?? I typically use a heavy red oxide primer that I brush on, then I wet sand, repeat... etc etc, this works well, but I just picked up a 442 (don't know what I am going to do with it yet.. maybe another T-442 is going to be born) that is rusted pretty bad, the hood is extremely straight, just pitted...

Thanks

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
Dave: My fenders on my 446 were badly pitted. I used Bondo Professional Gold Premium Body filler and got excellent results. I really took it down well to bare metal in the pits and also hit it with Naval Jelly for prep.
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I bought another hood for my 220 because it was pitted so bad. I did not want any bondo or putty on the hood. The time and money spent on buying the material, prepping the surface and then sanding and resanding isnt worth it if you can find another hood for cheap money.

·
Site Founder
1,801 Posts
I have had good results with the Evercoat line of products. I especially like the Metal Glaze.

Be careful when sanding a pitted hood. It is very important that you move around and not let any area get hot enough to warp the metal.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mastifflawyer said:
I have had good results with the Evercoat line of products. I especially like the Metal Glaze.

Be careful when sanding a pitted hood. It is very important that you move around and not let any area get hot enough to warp the metal.
Evercoat??? where do you find that product line??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.