Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used the Case 224, this old tractor and mower cut grass just great. Cut the grass shorter than normal, in hopes to help keep mice and whatever away from the house and garage.
Changed the oil, in the tractor motor, right after I finished cutting. Hoping to get the snocaster freed up and maybe use it this winter.
This is the tractor I put the hydraulic pump on recently. Got this tractor a couple of months ago. It and all attachments sat outside for about 5 years after the pump went bad on the owner at that time.

Noel

Attachments

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Grass looks great. We still have a few more cuttings this year on the east coast.

But zero chance we are going to let you post a picture with tractor on the side with something that looks like a loader and not ask questions..

What is it? What is that loader? What’s the backstory on it

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry about that. I never thought about the tractor in that picture when I posted. But there it is. I figured I’d be in trouble if I posted my other tractors on here.

Any way, it’s a 1976 MF 12. When I bought the tractor it came with, a 42” deck, 36” snow thrower and a 36” tiller. I made the loader years ago. And it is some handy. Only operates by a winch and is trip bucket. Like to have a hydraulic loader, but this has done a lot of work over the years. Knowing the loader would never come off to put the snowthrower back on the front, I rigged it up to mount on the back. With its own engine. Didn’t use that part last year. Maybe next year I’ll put it back on. Any way, it’s a great old tractor and because it looks like a 135 MF farm tractor, I made a pipe loader to try and make it look like a 135 with a loader. Didn’t quite turn out like that, but it works.

Noel

Oh ya, came with the rear weights too, and chains.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I’m sure there is some type of unwritten rule about posting about other tractors. But at the end of the day this is a tractor forum. And it’s nice to see other tractors.

I also like seeing home built attachments for tractors.

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
One more picture if you don't mind. Zooming in on the last one I can kind of see the winch but not real clear. How much can you lift with that setup? That looks like an awful short pull on a long lever :unsure:

As to other tractors I think most of us have some ;) Like my first love, Simplicity 7119 / AC 919 that I have shown here a few times (y)

Cheers,
Gordy

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya it doesn’t lift much maybe 30lbs. But if you raise it then load it it will hold more lbs. It was made for displays and parades. But then I started using it. It sure is handy. I use it for top soil, rock dust for the driveway, garden waste removal, and firewood moving. A hydraulic loader would be amazing to have. Seems my picture thing has stopped working Gordy. I get a few pictures when it’s working.

Noel

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Administrator
1973 Case 444, 1974 Case 644, 1976 Case 446, 1977 Case 646
2,386 Posts
I was hoping that when I cut the grass yesterday it would be the last time, but it is still very green and growing like gang busters. The problem is my backyard is a bit low and with all the rain we have had lately it's very wet, no puddles just soggy. Were suppose to get an inch of rain this weekend so it could very well be the last time I cut it. We still have not had a frost and most of the trees still have their leaves on. I hope we don't get a cold snap and turn the rain into snow like it did back in 2006. Branches were down all over the county and power outages everywhere. I was out of power for nine days and my generator quit on me after three days. I now have a whole house generator so no problem with power if it happens again.

Keep the Peace
Harry

·
Administrator
4,244 Posts
I hope your "whole house generator" powers the shop too as that is the most important! [Damm I miss the emojis!]

·
Administrator
1973 Case 444, 1974 Case 644, 1976 Case 446, 1977 Case 646
2,386 Posts
I hope your "whole house generator" powers the shop too as that is the most important! [Damm I miss the emojis!]
It's a 22K 100 amp power source. I've never had to put it to the test. It would probably be fine for most I do out there, as long as I don't power up my 240 volt welders.

Keep the Peace
Harry

·
Administrator
4,244 Posts
You should be fine welding at lower amperages, and you can cut the power to the house if you need more. [thumbup here] 22kva generators are usually alternators here as they only have to turn 1800 rpms. What provides motivation in your unit?

·
Administrator
4,244 Posts
Not sure if this qualifies but as I mowed [and baled] the lawn in early December, today I got around to removing and washing/oiling the deck for winter. Above freezing and the snow made it easy to slide the deck out from under the little NH used at the farm. Am I the last??? lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts