Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, We have finally put the finishing touches on my dad's 1973 T-446... I put the decals on the tractor today and my dad and my boys all took rides on the transporter... enjoy the pics and videos!!

Dont shoot me, that is they way he wanted the side decals!!! :sidelaugh:

Check out those twin pipes!! (dual 1.25" EMT conduit)

Happy grandson Benjamin takes it for a spin

[BBvideo 425,350:y6wihfa8]http://s1117.photobucket.com/albums/k592/dtbeiter/?action=view&current=20111023134315.mp4[/BBvideo:y6wihfa8]
Dad makes the maiden voyage

[BBvideo 425,350:y6wihfa8]http://s1117.photobucket.com/albums/k592/dtbeiter/?action=view&current=20111023134842.mp4[/BBvideo:y6wihfa8]

Jonathan takes it for a spin.......... anybody recognize the horn sound?? Post your guesses

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Nice work, Dave. Another excellent piece of work turned out by you. Naturally, I disagree with your dad's choice on decal placement but it was his call. I watched the vid with your boys on it and did not hear any horn sound. Must be my old ears. :sidelaugh:

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hydriv said:
Nice work, Dave. Another excellent piece of work turned out by you. Naturally, I disagree with your dad's choice on decal placement but it was his call. I watched the vid with your boys on it and did not hear any horn sound. Must be my old ears. :sidelaugh:
Tom, he wanted it to match his other 446 (the early 73 late 72 model) that he bought already restored........ so I didn't argue with him about it.... Listen as they come around the corner from the yard to the driveway (right at the beginning of the video)..... they blow the horn several times.....

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
dbeiter said:
Hydriv said:
Tom, he wanted it to match his other 446 (the early 73 late 72 model) that he bought already restored........ so I didn't argue with him about it.... Listen as they come around the corner from the yard to the driveway (right at the beginning of the video)..... they blow the horn several times.....
OK..... I caught the horn this time. :sidelaugh: It's sorta drowned out by the throaty sound of those straight pipes you are running. All the same, I don't recognize the horn.

Re: the decals. Tell your dad that two wrongs don't make a right. I bet he's heard that saying more than once in his life and has perhaps used it on you a few times. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tom, the horn is a US Army Jeep horn running on 12 Volts (It was originally 24 Volt).......... I didn't expect you Canadians to recognize it though :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

Yep I have heard that many times (2 wrongs don't make a right) but hey it is his and he likes it (and he paid for them)

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
InTroubleAlltheTime said:
Dave: Awesome! :usa: :usa: :usa: Flawless! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Work to be proud of! :trink: :trink: :trink: Now I want one of those!!!!!!!
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich
Rich, Thanks!!! dad deserves most of the credit for the work, I only shot the sunset, put on the decals and provided muscle and technical assistance............. BTW I just happen to have another bed just like that one sitting in my barn waiting to be mated to another 400 series chassis..........(I have a 69 44xPK waiting in the wings with no engine, pump, etc) :sidelaugh:

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Snotrocket said:
Wow that sure is sweet looking. A lot of talent to build something like that.

So when can I place my order for one with a dump bed to haul firewood? :mrgreen:
Those beds will not haul very much firewood........ I have loaded my T-444 several times with wood last winter and it was only marginally better than a wheelbarrow.........

·
Registered
230 Posts
dbeiter said:
Snotrocket said:

So when can I place my order for one with a dump bed to haul firewood? :mrgreen:
Those beds will not haul very much firewood........ I have loaded my T-444 several times with wood last winter and it was only marginally better than a wheelbarrow.........
Far cooler than a wheelbarrow.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oefveteran said:
dbeiter said:
Snotrocket said:

Far cooler than a wheelbarrow.
True........... so true :trink:

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Caseman2 said:
Sweet. :thumbsup:

As for the decals I agree with Tom, perhaps a simple solution would have been to correct the ones on his other tractor first.
Thanks!!

I argued with him on the decals, but ever try to make a point with a 70 year old??? :sidelaugh: I just finally gave up and put the decals on the same as his other 446 and wrote it off.. heck they are only decals, a heat gun will take them right off and Maple Hunter makes more all the time...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.