Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Finally got the 444 running and got to use it w/48" snowcaster tonight for the very first time. I picked this 444 up this fall because it was cheap and had a 3pt which I wanted. After some tinkering found out it was just an ugly duckling in need of some TLC. With some needed PM completed, help from you guys, and a few new parts it is running pretty damn good. Still need to tweak the throttle to get the RPM's near spec and it hunts a little bit with no load but runs very strong and no more smoking.

I cleared the drive way in record time tonight, even did the 2 track down my property (approx 500yrds) which hasn't been done at all this year, and I made a few runs in the 1' deep snow out back for the dogs. I have to say I was a little concerned the 14hp may not be enough power but it never gave up and cut through the snow with ease.

Now I just need more snow :letitsnow: :letitsnow: :letitsnow: or my entire 4acres will be cleared in the next few days! :grin:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is exactly as I used it tonight. I was only intending on adjusting a few last settings before use but when I started it to warm it up, well it was running so good, that I got the bug and just had to use it. This is the first time I've used it since I bought it.

I installed the "Ultimate Ignition System - PointSaver™ & Bosch Blue" from Dave Kirk and I love it. Timing this engine was so easy with that little LED light, took me about 30 seconds and it is spot on.

She still has a long list of things that need to be done, but at least she has a strong heartbeat again. :thumbup:

Enjoy the pics.
Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.