Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Most motors are better with case drains, eg. hydrovac. The Ross drive motor used in 200, 400 and 600 series is different. It is a 2-zone motor, there is no way to install case drain. Char-Lynn is a 3-zone motor. Ross was bought by Parker. Here is some Parker info:
View attachment 127696

The 2-zone motor has to have a high-pressure shaft seal. The 3-zone motor has to have check valves to vent shaft seal to the low-pressure side. On the 3-zone, if there is too much back pressure or when connected in series, the "case" drain (circle at bottom, unfortunately not labeled) must be connected to tank. Some newer and off-shore 3-zone motors also have high-pressure shaft seals as standard, so case drains are not needed.

The drive isn't last in hydraulic circuit. The auxiliary valve is downstream of motor. On most 600 series, the whole loader (and backhoe) function is downstream.
I am pretty sure (I think his name was Dan) that built a 3000 series added case drains. So are looking at the same thing with the trw motors?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
It's been awhile but I have been working. Finished the frame and was ready to mount it on both axles, I was going to get it running, than take it apart and paint it. I decided to paint everything and than assemble.
Motor vehicle Automotive design Wood Automotive tire Automotive exterior

The bolt holes in the Lifan engine do not line up with any Case pump mounts, so I had to make a pump mount.
I also mounted the proportioning valve on the same bracket.
Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior Nut Auto part
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive design Automotive exterior

the big plug goes to the TCV and the small plug goes to power steering.
I'm going to start a new post for a different problem/tractor, this project is going on hold for a while, it is going to start snowing here in NE Ohio and I don't have anything that will plow snow.
Bill

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
More progress, got it sitting on wheels and the next step is mounting engine and pump.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread

This engine came with a real nice,quiet muffler. Problem is, it is mounted in the back,I think it might be too close to the battery and operator. This engine does not have a power takeoff in front but this tractor will never mow grass but it would be nice to mount a fan. Don't know where the reservoir and cooler are going to go yet,
I got a few problems to figure out yet.
Bill

61 - 63 of 63 Posts