Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Per our onan master "Boomer" use anti-seize on head bolts when reinstalling. Common problem that you are experiencing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
been slow. With work and those things at home I believe they are called wife and kids tractor time just is hard to get.

Well I cleaned the carb and intake manifold. Went to re assembled the carb and the high speed needle is gone. Just gone. I am fortunate to have a spare carb but how can I lose 1 piece.

as I was cleaning the work area I saw my spindles and they are well look at the pictures
Automotive tire Wood Rim Spoke Gas

Automotive tire Gas Tread Bumper Rim

The grooves I can feel with my fingernail. Yet the front axle shoes no signs being worn out like that. Should I not worry about this or should I look at my spare tractors?

·
Registered
356 Posts
The less wiggle in the system the better overall for steering. If you have a decent spare and this will be your goto tractor then why not swap them. Check the spares to make sure they aren’t bent or coming with additional issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I plan on starting the tractor tonight and then moving forward with the painting.
I rebuild the carb last night and lost my notes on how many turns the screws were in. Does anyone know off hand what they should be set to for factory?

also where do the long bolts on the head go? Completely did not notice the different length of the bolts.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
So with the holidays and my entire company except me having covid it’s been a long time since I could work on the tractor and make posts.

The tractor is all painted. And I will be assembling it tonight in preparation of snow tomorrow.

The paint job needs some work but it looks much better than red with overspray white all over it.

I also started the tractor up last week after putting the engine and carb back together. What a beautiful sound that was.

I will try to take more pictures but here it is

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Well got the tractor back together.
I am using a hood from another tractor while I fix the dent and spray the one that will end up on it.

it still needs front tires to be put on and I will spray the front axles at that point.

I need this tractor for snow blowing and plowing at my apartment. So I had to get it back together and useable.
I will get more pictures later but this is what I have for now
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
So the alignment is way off on this tractor. I don’t remember it being so bad. I will be addressing this once I repair my bucket tractor.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts