Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Case 648, Case 646 BH
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of a BRASS float for a case 646/CCK motor. I'm coming up empty handed and I'd rather not put another junk fiber one in there. Right now the machine is another Onan paperweight. ...Great motors (when they work) but when they don't it always seems to be a PIA to find parts.

·
'68 - Case 155, '73 - 646a
2,019 Posts
So far as I have seen there is no brass float option for a marvel VD-65 carb. If you have to have brass then swap in a Nikki carb

Nikki Carb adapter for CCK: VD 75 Carb

I am in need of a BRASS float for a case 646/CCK motor. I'm coming up empty handed and I'd rather not put another junk fiber one in there. Right now the machine is another Onan paperweight. ...Great motors (when they work) but when they don't it always seems to be a PIA to find parts.

·
Ingersoll Dealer
1,528 Posts
I want one that consistently works. The fiber floats seem to have issues as confirmed by mine.
While I sell a few replacement floats for the VD carburetors, I don't view them as a problem. Currently the Onan 146-0437 is in stock but I can easily get the Zenith OEM part as well at a much better price than through Cummins.

Bob

·
Registered
390 Posts
I noticed a few things about those floats.

1. The float has a travel limit peg that can get tied up with the gasket and limit movement. Make sure the peg is free.
2. The float can get skewed side-to-side.
3. The spacing that sdunt shows can take quite a bit of bending to achieve, but it makes a difference. When mine was adjusted properly, the limit peg would no longer ‘bottom’ on the body when upside down.

Before I adjusted mine, the engine was surging quite a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts