Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some hyd. lines made for the 448. The hose from the pump to the travel valve was $56.71 (ouch) and the two fore the lift cyl. was $39.63 and the other was $ 35.79. I don't know about the lift cyl. hoses but the pump hose was pricey. I should have bought it off Gary when I bought all the other stuff I could have saved $16.

Anyone buy any genuine Case lift cyl. hoses and what did you pay for them?

Mark

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Why or why would you not ask Brian to price those hoses first?

You have been reading here for some time now. No more "newbie" excuses. If you paid too much then it serves you right. :sidelaugh: Next time, ask Brian to give you a quote on the parts you need. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hydriv said:

You have been reading here for some time now. No more "newbie" excuses. If you paid too much then it serves you right. :sidelaugh: Next time, ask Brian to give you a quote on the parts you need. :thumbsup:
Well for one thing Hydriv it makes it easier sitting down on the crapper walking bow legged and all. And I kinda like that cause you know you just can't get in there fast enough sometimes. :thumbsup:

And one of my use to be buddys told me if you need a hyd hose made cheap you gotta go to these guys, they must not have factored in the cost of the vasoline.

And whats your nephew Snotty gonna say when he finds out his Uncle Tom is lacking in the sympathy dept for his herd? He'll be devastated.

Mark

·
Site Founder
3,600 Posts
I went to a hydraulic shop to have that hose priced out before I ordered mine from Brian and got the same quote that you paid.

When I went to have mine made up, the end that the hydraulic shop wanted to sell me that connected to the pump was different and would have needed to have the oil tank off in order to thread it in as well.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
oleblu72 said:
Hydriv said:

Well for one thing Hydriv it makes it easier sitting down on the crapper walking bow legged and all. And I kinda like that cause you know you just can't get in there fast enough sometimes. :thumbsup:

And one of my use to be buddys told me if you need a hyd hose made cheap you gotta go to these guys, they must not have factored in the cost of the vasoline.

And whats your nephew Snotty gonna say when he finds out his Uncle Tom is lacking in the sympathy dept for his herd? He'll be devastated.

Mark
Sorry Mark but nephew Snotty has been at the other end of my non-sympathy a few times in the past. He's well-past the "devastated" phase by now.

What's the serial number of your tractor? I want Brian to tell you the prices of the other two lines. Somehow, I don't think that you applied enough Vaseline to handle the sting from those other hoses.

I'm thinking that you got "hosed" much worse than you think you did. :sidelaugh:

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
Mark: I got 20" of high quality Eaton 4600 PSI hydraulic pressure line with JIC fittings custom made locally for $25.00. This was to replace a stock hard line that I had to replace because I installed a new hydraulic pump with slightly different location on the pressure out port on my 646.
I note that additional fittings are expensive, I bought one SAE to JIC swivel, it was $9.00.
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This just keeps getting better all the time. Well when they told me they could save the metal lines on the lift cyl hoses, I thought it might not be to bad price wise BUT I guess thats what I get for trying to think (to many dead brain cells from to many cold ones)I guess. :facepalm:

Well uncle Tom heres my serial # 14075498 get a price on these lines so you can finish me off and put me out of my misery. Just don't forget to stick a fork in me to see if I'm done. :thumbsup:

Mark

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
It's in Brian's hands now to inflict the coup de gras'. :sidelaugh:

I told you before.... this is a "teaching forum". I'm just trying to flesh out this thread so that they will understand that Brian or Tom Hanson or Bob Meyer are here to be consulted for prices as well as being here to sell the members product. There are items from Eastman that can be found for less money elsewhere but there are items where Eastman can be very competitive. All the dealers want is a chance to compete for your business.

·
Ingersoll Dealer
4,268 Posts
OK ... so this can soften the pain a little bit.

About 10 years ago, Ingersoll decided to stop making the original style lift hose assemblies and service them with current production designs. The kits here include the tube assembly and the necessary fittings to convert the the older tractors. The nice part is, that will likely extend the servicable life by another 20 years ...

C43905 KIT-C17734 REPLACEMENT $48.38
C43882 KIT-C31682 REPLACEMENT $58.70

Now on the others side ... you would not have had to fuss with the local hydraulics shop either ...

Brian

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Brian,
Does this mean that Eastman no longer has any OEM hoses in stock for the mid-lift cylinder on 3 digit tractors?

Mark,
You paid $132.13 to have the 3 lines made up locally. No shipping charges other than your time and fuel to get that done.

You would have paid $144.03 had you ordered them from Brian. You would have paid $11.90 more.

However, had you first consulted with Brian and then the hydraulics shop............you could have bought two lines from them and the one from Brian for a total of $112.37 and saved yourself $19.76.

While that is not an earth shattering amount, every little bit helps when refurbishing or restoring one of these tractors. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Unless he could walk over next door to Brians the Post Office would have eaten up most of that $20 bill left over.
I would have gone and got a couple $6 fittings and a $12 hose from TSC for the lift lines and had the extra money to buy oil. That pump hose is another story and the correct line/hose would be the best bet.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well if there is a next time which I doubt alls I'll have to replace is the hose on the lift lines. They used a compression type fitting on the metal line so now you can take them apart with a couple of wrenchs if you have to change the line.

I rode my bike over to the hyd. shop and it gets 60 mpg and its a 30 mile round trip so it was cheaper than having them shipped.

And the mailwomen just delivered my stainless axle pivot pin its nicely done and its a heavey little beast.

Mark

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Mark,
Thanks for sharing your story about the hydraulic hoses.

As for a next time..... count on it. I looked in my crystal ball and saw that you will be owning more of these tractors. :lol:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hydriv said:
Mark,
Thanks for sharing your story about the hydraulic hoses.

As for a next time..... count on it. I looked in my crystal ball and saw that you will be owning more of these tractors. :lol:
Its a possibility, theres a 224 with a snowcaster & cheap Sears cab and wheel weights I might be going after if comes down to my offer.

And I still have to call on the 448 with the blown motor yet, his add expired on CL so if he still has it I figure its safe for now. :thumbsup:

I just remembered those lift cyl lines are braided stainless so that probably boosted the price up a little.

Mark

·
Ingersoll Dealer
4,268 Posts
Hydriv said:
Brian,
Does this mean that Eastman no longer has any OEM hoses in stock for the mid-lift cylinder on 3 digit tractors?
:thumbsup:
The best I can see, the original style hoses went obsolete 11 years ago. So ... I think none left in stock. These kits are direct replacement ... no fussing.

As an aside, USPS Priority mail from Salem Power would have eaten up $8.95 (US lower 48) for all those lines ... probably 80% of the packages that go out of here fit that bill ...

Brian

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
bhildret said:
Hydriv said:
Brian,
:thumbsup:
The best I can see, the original style hoses went obsolete 11 years ago. So ... I think none left in stock. These kits are direct replacement ... no fussing.

As an aside, USPS Priority mail from Salem Power would have eaten up $8.95 (US lower 48) for all those lines ... probably 80% of the packages that go out of here fit that bill ...

Brian
Thanks for that information about the lift cylinder hoses.

And also...... thanks for mentioning the shipping cost. Members should take note that it is often cheaper to buy product by mail than it is to have to drive 50 miles one way to another source. You have to factor in every aspect of a purchase today thanks to gasoline prices being what they are.

·
Administrator
3,283 Posts
When all is said and done it is nice to know that Ingersoll has made the effort to supply parts. I would expect that Ingersoll has their hoses madeup in a hydraulic shop. It is also nice to have hydraulic shops around, I have had hoses madeup and the machines back running in a couple hours and that is GREAT!!!
Bob MacGregor in CT :mrgreen: :mowlawn:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.